Topic: Death Frost Doom question

I'm getting ready to run DFD for the second time. In re-reading the adventure there are several references to the undead in the greater tombs that have me a little confused.  There are descriptions for both whether or not the dead have risen and I want to be certain I'm not missing something.

As far as I can tell there are 3 ways to gain entrance to the greater tombs.
    1) Kill the Plant Creature
    2) Use 'Speak with Plants' to convince it to let you pass.
    3) Miraculously find the escape hatch.

All but the first method go against normal use of this location. Are the dual descriptions in the greater tombs specifically to address these two highly improbable possibilities? Or is there another way to gain entrance that I didn't consider?

Re: Death Frost Doom question

You've got it right.

I would assume that the PCs are going to trigger the big event - in a lot of ways the adventure is intended to be about what happens once that's done, with other options mentioned because the PCs often don't do what's expected of them. With a level range of 1 - 6 who knows what resources a party might have at their disposal.

The adventure also offers a ton of treasure with pretty much no risk but I find PCs are more likely to refuse that free gold than the more problematic treasure...

Re: Death Frost Doom question

Ok, Thanks for clarifying Jim.

We're going to be playing Saturday night for halloween.

I've got some spooky music to play in the background, lots of candles... and a fog machine!

It's going to be a blast!