Topic: Monolith from Beyond Space and Trolling (and thoughts on the module)

"If a time paradox does occur ... the campaign world and all connected universes fold in on themselves ending everything. Not only is this game over, but the Referee in question can never run an RPG session again, with any system, because all their possibilities have been canceled."

PunBB bbcode test

EDIT:
(Minor) SPOILERS

Okay, so I've finished reading the module. Jim, this is a cruel, cruel adventure. It is possible for characters to gain (with almost all the rewards being double-edged) from this if they're clever and lucky (mostly lucky), but the only way it's going to truly end is if some truly selfless hero essentially damns himself to eternal guardianship. I also really enjoyed finding out what the flying fuck was going on during that play test. I will probably never run this outside an actual LotFP game because of the cruelty, but damn if this won't be fantastic when I do. Well done, sirrah.

/SPOILERS

Last edited by Archeopteryx (2012-08-13 21:59:13)

Re: Monolith from Beyond Space and Trolling (and thoughts on the module)

Archeopteryx wrote:

"If a time paradox does occur ... the campaign world and all connected universes fold in on themselves ending everything. Not only is this game over, but the Referee in question can never run an RPG session again, with any system, because all their possibilities have been canceled."

PunBB bbcode test

Anyone seeing the module at this point is going to get that this is a joke, but when this hits RPGNow and game stores, I'm imagining some poor sucker who either A- thinks it's real and thinks that's horrible and I'm a bad person, or B- knows it's fake and thinks it's horrible that a writer would ever take a couple lines to amuse himself in a book and I'm a bad person.

I know they are out there. I just need the Monolith to get into their hands.

Archeopteryx wrote:

I also really enjoyed finding out what the flying fuck was going on during that play test.

Monolith is by far the adventure that's seen the most play (or "been playtested the most") out of any adventure I've released.