Topic: [Carcosa] Multi-Color Characters?

Here's a thought that occurred to me while watching Star Trek (season 3, episode 14 "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield")

Can a person in Carcosa have two skin colors? One on the left side of his body, a different one on the right, split down the middle?
How does that happen?
Would the Snake-Men have sought after that as a valuable trait? Or would they would they have engineered xenophobia and reproductive incompatibility into the human race in order to prevent that type of mixing from occurring?

How does a thing like this affect rituals?

And furthermore...

Can a person be of mixed genders on each half? Male on one side, female on the other? Hermaphroditic? Self-fertilizing and hermaphroditic?
How does that affect rituals? Does it make the individual more versatile as a sacrifice, being usable for a wider variety of rituals than otherwise? Or does it result in catastrophic failure?

Ever see that movie Zardoz?
Can a character age on one side of their body and remain young on the other? What does that do?

Re: [Carcosa] Multi-Color Characters?

I'm not sure if the snake men would value a half and half human or not.  After all, they bred the distinct color lines for a reason.  Human sorcerers would probably be extremely curious about such a character, since they lack the theoretical knowledge of the snakies to know what would happen if a half-color person were used in a ritual.

I don't have the new book yet, but IIRC the original volume makes it clear that Geoffrey intended for the colors of men to be non-interfertile.

Nobody in MY Carcosa has multi-colored skin. But that says nothing about YOUR Carcosa. Put 'em in if you want them! smile

Have you seen the possible human skin colors listed in the second Arduin Grimoire? Multi-colors galore! It's totally crazy, over-the-top, and like a black velvet painting by a hippy on LSD. In other words, it's great.

I haven't read the Arduin Grimoire yet, but I'll look into it. Thanks. smile