Topic: lotfp@lotfp.com bounces mails

Not a web-shop issue, but I am at lost how to communicate it otherwise:

I have been trying to forward a complimentary copy of one my latest releases (as the rules for 3rd party publishing demands), but the mail adress lotfp@lotfp.com "bounces" them back all the time.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

lotfp@lotfp.com:
SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: smtp.europe.secureserver.net (188.121.52.56) reason: 552 5.2.3 DATA size exceeds maximum permitted

With kind regards
Gregorius21778

Re: lotfp@lotfp.com bounces mails

When you had forwarded that to me, I forwarded it to James at the same e-mail address you were trying to send it to. It worked, and he confirmed he received my message. I responded back to you asking if you maybe had another e-mail address to try as it might be an issue with your e-mail. If you didn't receive my message, then I think there's definitely something up with your e-mail!

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I just checked my "spam folder", and there was your eMail. I don´t think that it is the mail adress, as I forwarded the same document the same day to a couple of friends of mine (my gaming group) and they received it the same day. Anyway, I will check back with my email provider and if the problem comes up again, I will try a different mail adress. Thanks for your help, Posby!

Last edited by Gregorius21778 (2018-10-05 18:35:37)

With kind regards
Gregorius21778

When you tried the lotfp e-mail address did you have the document attached in the e-mail, or a link to a shared folder? If it was attached, you may want to try just a regular e-mail to see if that gets through. Maybe the lotfp e-mail address is rejecting large e-mails or attachments?

Hi there,

It was a mail with an attachment 1.1 MB in size. And had tried an empty mail as well, and just have send an emtpy mail again that bounced again. This time I got a different reason for it:

SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: smtp.europe.secureserver.net (188.121.52.56) reason: 552 5.2.0 Invalid 7bit DATA.

It seems I will have to get myself a different adress if my mail provider cannot tell me what it is.

Still, thanks for trying to helping me.

EDIT: I searched abit, it could be a that a current version of the Mail-Server dislikes a current version of my mail client (a thing about the format the message is send in). I just tried to send it "directly".  If I don´t get another bounce, things should be alright

Last edited by Gregorius21778 (2018-10-05 19:43:42)

With kind regards
Gregorius21778