Topic: LotFP post-apocalypse?

Hey there, new user to the forum!

I was wondering if anyone had entertained the idea of hacking LotFP to play a post-apocalypse type game, somewhat like Gamma World, Atomic Highway or whichever. The base system of LotFP is pretty flexible, given how simple yet diverse the Machinations of the Space Princess game is. The hack could be called Ruminations of the Waste Lord or something similar, haha

Last edited by tanneryea (2013-11-02 22:14:10)

Re: LotFP post-apocalypse?

You should go for it, if that's your inclination.

But given that Mutant Future provides everything a casual Reaver of the Wasteland requires, for free (sans art), why bother?

Have you got cracking idea for a new form of apocalypse or extra rule sections, like mad max style vehicle combat?

You people are all alike, you march in here, young, try and touch the local things.
I suppose next you'll be spraying me with one of those cans of paint, smearing poor Tubbs here with excrement.

I have thought about setting LotFP game to happen during Ragnarök or Great Tribulation or during sort of New World venture where explorers fuck things up and tzitzimimeh descent from the stars.  Though not in to near future Road Warrior style setting.

Last edited by MutieMoe (2013-11-06 10:18:26)

In the '90s we had a lot of fun scrabbling in the filthy leavings of a bygone civilisation, mostly looking for a d6 rounds of ammo here and there.

WotC's d20 Apocalypse had some nice ideas and tables for scavenging, and Pelgrane Press's Cthulhu Apocalypse discusses still being around once the stars have come right, if you're interested in that kinda thing.

You people are all alike, you march in here, young, try and touch the local things.
I suppose next you'll be spraying me with one of those cans of paint, smearing poor Tubbs here with excrement.