Topic: Better than any man - When you drop the bass

I love when a tittle is showcased and embedded inside the narrative of an artistic projetc. A title is, normally, the first aspect you see in such a work and, when the tittle echo back throught the pages and helps you to compound a bigger picture, a gestalt image at the same time greater and part of the same work, you then have a great effect.

It's like dropping the bass.

Better than any man is about invading armies and some women from a village, witches with real magical powers, that try using their magic to fight their inevitable demise. For such, one could say they are better than any man.

But, as you read, you find other subleties. A very powerfull mage who, isolated in his cave, conducts horrible experiments and torture children for what he calls 'art'. He is, by any stretch of imagination, better than any man.

It's not just about genders, it's about ideology. To what extents will someone protect their beliefs, grasp and strangle the others around them to hold themselves as being better than all?

Then you continue, readding about at what dephts of depravity one will go down to fight against impossible odds. The new insect cult, in a desperate attempt to protect themselves from war, indulges in a horrid cult, trying them to be better than any man.

But it is at the end, when after all you've read and experienced, you descends upon the forgotten realms of the insects. There, when you watch the giant dumb dull dead charicature of a man, being everyday consumed by a swarm of monsters - it's there when you see it all. As that giant - the image of all mankind - is eaten alive, you read the thoughts of the Insect God. For It find itself Better than Any Man.

And then, the bass drops and a slow clap commences.

Last edited by Gaigaia (2013-10-03 21:06:24)

Re: Better than any man - When you drop the bass

I really want to run this campaign and see how my friends fare as they fall deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole of horror and depravity all in the hopes of idealism and peace.