Topic: Tower of the Stargazer play report [Spoilers]

Wow! One player died right on the front steps, but after that point they were all very, very cautious. No one cared to play the ghost in a game for their soul. I had Boggle on my iPod and figured that would play quick, but no one wanted to try. They figured out the puzzle in the treasure room on their own after some trial and error...and nearly losing two characters at that point. There was one combat, but they ran and dropped the portcullis in front of the spider. No one was willing to listen to the wizard after reading the diary.

It played fast. Somewhat deadly...but a very memorable adventure and they all had a good time. I had them create extra characters because I expected more of them to die, but if they keep their heads on a swivel they might not need them.

This was great!

Thanks,

VR/Scott

Re: Tower of the Stargazer play report [Spoilers]

My group just completed 'Tower of the Stargazer' as well.  I've got a full write-up over at my (new) campaign journal over on Dragonsfoot:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt … 21#p950221

Couple of things jumped out at me - my group almost lost folks on the opening door too - it is definitely a wake-up call that this place is DEADLY.  The curious thing is that my group is deciding they need to seize the tower for themselves - they feel like it's the only way to ensure the wizard stays locked up, at least until they're ready to deal with him.

I'm going to start watching for other Stargazer threads and see how folks deal with the wizard - I saw one where they tried the simultaneous attack and lost an initiative...

Re: Tower of the Stargazer play report [Spoilers]

{Necrothread action here}

We played Tower at a Tacticon in Denver (Thanks Degenerate Elite!)

Our arrogant halfling decided to properly announce himself.
Who knew he'd be right?!

With the ghost I tried to argue to get the elf to play the game, since I figured it would be a sucker's bet, thinking elves had no souls!

We went through everything to get the telescope working and when it did we thought, "Wow, that was pretty cool." until we realized he had the key!

We did try to avoid the magician once we saw him, but the original halfling's brother (yes the first one died) had, shall we say, certain "external" motivations to betray the party. The great irony however was that he was the only one the wizard killed before we ran out of there like puppies with our tails between our legs!

Last edited by Lord Inar (2011-10-04 17:04:26)