Topic: As seen on Ebay

This is why I really kinda hate Noble Knight Games.

It's also part of why I really wish some of the older modules would get a reprint.

Re: As seen on Ebay

But it's a $7.20 savings!

Seriously though, the older adventures at the back of the queue for "things to get done" because they'd need complete revamps - new layout and at least some new art to get the production quality up to current standards, plus print runs (it would be silly to make a reprint of Stargazer or DFD a "limited item," those should be on game store shelves), for an adventure that much of the "first day purchase" audience already have, so it's an investment that would be slow to recoup.

Or I could totally be wrong about that and there really are 300 people who would buy a new printing of Death Frost Doom RIGHT NOW.

But I like my chances with new releases better...

Plus there's the fact that I wouldn't be able to resist tinkering if an adventure was getting a re-release, and there's always the danger that what I consider a minor positive change would be something you all would take as me totally George Lucasing it.

It's a proposition completely fraught with peril.

I would totally back a kickstarter that's only goal is reprinting older modules, AS IS, with no updates whatsoever.

Just sayin. tongue

I second the motion!

You could always buy the PDF and print it yourself as a booklet using Adobe Reader.

...and as the echoes of the incantation's final words slowly die throughout the dank, mossy chamber, foetid air stirs and from the bloody pentagram scrawled on the ground  steps... Jar Jar Binks!

I don't know, I just don't see James going that route...but I could be wrong!

funkaoshi wrote:

You could always buy the PDF and print it yourself as a booklet using Adobe Reader.

Not the same to me. I have PDFs of all the adventures and I still snapped up Weird New World,  Hammers of the God and Wizard's Tower in print when I had the chance. I like to have both.

What about taking those early adventures (including any of the above and DFD, Grinding Gear, Three Brides and People of Pembrooktonshire) and rolling them all into a Vornheim-style hardback, funded via Kickstarter

Yeah I have all the PDFs for everything with the LotFP stamp on it (that's in the store here anyways). I just ALSO want it all in proper print too.

I print out what I need for game night, but it just feels cheapish. rather have the published stuff!

Lord Inar wrote:

What about taking those early adventures (including any of the above and DFD, Grinding Gear, Three Brides and People of Pembrooktonshire) and rolling them all into a Vornheim-style hardback, funded via Kickstarter

/me throws money at the screen

Lord Inar, I could totally get behind that as well.

Let's clear the current crowdfunding backlog before introducing more...

JimLotFP wrote:

That sounds fair and reasonable.

Which is why I'm now suspicious and paranoid.

JimLotFP wrote:

By backlog do you mean projects that need to be fulfilled or projects that have yet to get started?