Topic: Blank spots in Joop Van Ooms PDF

This evening I purchased "The Magnificent Joop Van Ooms" PDF from DriveThruRPG, and I noticed a bunch of blank spaces on certain pages.  These include:

- p 4, results 8, 16, 24

- p 5, results 32, 40, 48 (no, seriously)

- p 6, "Selling on the Black Market" result 8, "Buying on the Black Market" result 8  (I sense a pattern ...)

- p 18, bullet point between "... who is doing this?" and "'I'd like someone ..." (yep, the 8th one ... what is this, Discworld?)

I'm using Adobe Reader 9.5.2 on MacOSX 10.6.8.  Curiously, the missing text appears when I use Preview.app to read the PDF.

If I'm having this problem, I have to figure someone else is having it on some platform-hardware combination.  Unless DTRPG, LotFP, or rebel psychonauts are screwing with me ...

Frank Mitchell
"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread." -- Anatole France

Re: Blank spots in Joop Van Ooms PDF

You do sense a pattern, and it's not an accident (as non-hidden text in the book will reveal).

The hidden items are a separately layer in the PDF that's by default turned off. Just turn the layer on, and you should discover why they were hidden to begin with.

Re: Blank spots in Joop Van Ooms PDF

The default PDF reader on the Mac doesn't do layers, so everything was visible. I didn't realize you had a little in-joke in the booklet till now. Very cute.