Topic: Hardcover Reprint: What About the Inside Covers and Back Cover?

'allo...

So what do you guys think should be done about the inside covers of the books and on the back cover?

I think that all those places are great for quick-reference charts. But which charts where? Or do you have a better idea?

Also, if you have anything more to say about what to clean up in the Rules & Magic book, time is really running out:
http://www.lotfp.com/RPG/discussion/top … eaning-up/

Re: Hardcover Reprint: What About the Inside Covers and Back Cover?

I like the idea of quick reference charts. If I was doing layout, I would put player-centric charts in the front cover and GM-centric charts in the back. Especially the new/improved summoning charts. :-)

The NPC characteristics chart and settlement characteristics chart from the back of the referee book would be good choices.

thornlord wrote:

I like the idea of quick reference charts. If I was doing layout, I would put player-centric charts in the front cover and GM-centric charts in the back. Especially the new/improved summoning charts. :-)

I love the thought of separating the player and GM tables, would make it even easier to look things up quick!

untimately wrote:

The NPC characteristics chart and settlement characteristics chart from the back of the referee book would be good choices.

Yes, of all the charts in the game, those are the ones I've found most useful. Perhaps they could also be expanded, he says without a trace of subtlety.

You are keeping the existing ones right?

Do not get rid of saving throws table, melee and missile weapons, attack bonus and armor table.

NPC reaction tables and XP rewards table would be cool to include.

I would really like lists of magic-user and cleric spells by level that also have the page number, though I don't really know do you have space for such.

Yes, keeping the existing tables on the back cover is immensely useful - another vote for keeping them in place.  I pretty much play off the back cover most of the game.

Putting the characteristics and settlements inside the cover sounds good.

Yep, love the back cover charts, use them every session.