Topic: [MAJOR SPOILER] Monolith of Space and Time Question

MAJOR SPOILER

OK, I just read it, and read the section on the exit several times. I want to make sure I understand it correctly, because sometimes I make mistakes.

Question 1:

a) The exit is a foggy hole in the white corridor. There is a stone door attached to it (there's one portal that can be closed).

OR

b) There's also a stone door *next* to the foggy hole, in the tunnel. The stone door is open. (there's two portals)

I *think* it's a.  I ask for clarification because stone door "stands open beside the hole."

Question 2:

If I close the door which happens:

a) Everyone who is still in the monolith is stuck in the monolith, but no one can hurt me while I hold it shut (I am the multiverse's savior). Others can exit through the door or the foggy hole, before I shut the door, but I cannot.

b) everyone is suddenly outside and everything is normal (aside from any exceptions)

I *think* it's a.

If I leave by the hole in the wall, I am back in the valley and the monolith is still there. I can leave the valley. Everything that is fucked up is still fucked up. I can't shut the door and also leave, which seems clear, as are the consequences of destroying it.

It's a fantastic module, BTW. I am very happy to have backed it.

Re: [MAJOR SPOILER] Monolith of Space and Time Question

A and A.

Okay, cool. I was on the right track.

Thanks.

Chris wrote:

It's a fantastic module, BTW. I am very happy to have backed it.

I cannot agree with this part more. I've read through it a few times, and really cannot wait for a chance to throw my players into it and try not to laugh maniacally every time they look confused.