Topic: Enrico hate thread :P

The 'Enrico' character from the example of play... I seriously hated that guy. As I read through the fictional story of the game being played, I've come to despise him even more than countless other fictional characters who've done much worse things than just being annoying at the table during a game.
  I seriously wouldn't keep such a player around for my games. I just wanted to know if I was alone in this. I really wanted to smack the guy as I read through the story!

Re: Enrico hate thread :P

I think he's meant to be annoying on purpose. The example of play is pretty great because it's a pretty acurate reflection of what an actual game would be like. I think it's great a character like Enrico was included. I also loved all the squabbling, people forgetting it was there turn to do stuff, forgetting how the rules work, etc.

Oh, I get that it was done on purpose... But seriously, who would keep a player like that for more than one session??? O_O

I'd bet he's somebody's ride.

kaomera wrote:

I'd bet he's somebody's ride.

LOL! xD

That or he paid for the pizza, more than once.

Sure Enrico seems on the annoying side, but what about that James guy - total killer GM! I wouldn't like to play with him AT ALL smile

DKChannelBoredom wrote:

Sure Enrico seems on the annoying side, but what about that James guy - total killer GM! I wouldn't like to play with him AT ALL smile

LOL

I wonder if he's based on the author... xD

I was fine with James, he seemed harsh but fair. The only time I cringed a bit was when he went "[Kurtis] Has two hit points and is facing an enemy he can't see and is an NPC so I don't really have to care. Dead, dead, dead."

That was cold and a bit too harsh in my opinion. I mean, if he put up with so much from Enrico so far, taking the time to even show him his notes and whatnot, he could certainly have used a softer approach with Paul. I don't mean changing his decision mind you, just the way he put it. tongue Then again maybe his patience was running thin by then, I've certainly been in that place myself.

Also, my heart broke a bit when Saara went "I liked Jacques!"

:'(