Topic: Point 3: Why This Format?

For the July adventures, there will be a good number of adventures (16-18 depending on how the conversations go tomorrow) up for funding at the same time. You can help out on none (if you think LotFP, the concept, and/or all the writers suck!), one, or any number of them, or all of them, and each adventure will be tallied separately.

The answer is simple: I really don't want you to pay full price on these adventures. I want you to be able to get them cheaper. With 16 adventures offered at once, we're talking a $100 discount to go in for all of them. A lot more for Gardening Society members, who will get deep discounts on the higher end items. And if you go in for extras on top of that, awesome, thanks, but if you want just the basic releases then I want you to not pay full price for them.

That's it. The whole reason for doing it this way. I want to give the more fanatic supports the chance to pay a lot less per adventure and then hope the names and discounts together entice people to go for the full sets, which will get more of the adventures funded and quicker.

Re: Point 3: Why This Format?

I'm confused by the whole multiple projects thing...are you looking for $6000 or $6000 x 19?

If the latter, how do the higher contribution levels help the other projects? I mean the bonuses are related to those other projects but my contribution doesn't seem to help them. Or does it?

And if they don't get funded my large contribution is worthless. Worse Case Scenario, I get to over-pay 10 times or so, for a single adventure!

Or am I missing something?

Re: Point 3: Why This Format?

phf wrote:

I'm confused by the whole multiple projects thing...are you looking for $6000 or $6000 x 19?

If the latter, how do the higher contribution levels help the other projects? I mean the bonuses are related to those other projects but my contribution doesn't seem to help them. Or does it?

And if they don't get funded my large contribution is worthless. Worse Case Scenario, I get to over-pay 10 times or so, for a single adventure!

Or am I missing something?

Looking for $6k x 19.

The higher contribution doesn't help the other projects directly, but it greatly helps the project you put the contribution on.

(300 people needed at the $20 level to fund a project, only 34 needed at the $180 level)

It indirectly helps other projects because getting projects funded encourages more people to put the larger money values on as-yet unfunded projects because, well, there's already a funded project out there.

The first update on all the projects does have something to say on the matter:

If only one project funds, I will give a 100€ LotFP store coupon to anyone that put in for a $160+ contribution on that project.
If only two projects fund, I will give a 50€ LotFP store coupon to anyone that put in for a $160+ contribution on either of the projects.