Topic: Thoughts on a Referee Screen

The more I run this game the more I wish it had some sort of official dm's screen up to the quality of the other game books.  So I put a bit of thought into what my ideal LotFP screen would contain.  Though we have many charts on the backs of the books already, the primary purpose of the screen would be to keep your devilish secrets out of the player's sight.

- Probably be a four-fold screen with each of the panels A5 size printed on a cardstock double the thickness of the book covers, maybe more.  This would allow it to match the form factor of the current game books and let the standing screen be lower on the game table to help ref's vision etc.  You can picture the size of this by holding two open LotFP books open side by side, or the cover maps from and adventure.

- Player side would feature some sort of crazy amalgam of LotFP art similar to the original ADD screen, or a new piece of wraparound awesome art to humble the players and set the tone for the game in general.

- Ref side would feature the following:

1 - Combat Summary from surprise through pursuit;

2 - The charts that already exist from the backs of the rules book and ref book;

3 - Other tables from text that are helpful, example  Foraging and Hunting, Movement and encumbrance, possibly mounted and maritime travel charts, Retainers chart and morale table

Though I would be happy with just a screen, the finished package would probably also need to include a 16 page adventure along the lines of Stargazer or possibly 16 - 24 pages of optional game material, possibly monsters, magic item, background, new character class (Not sure such Official rule expansion is something James has in mind however) -  it could even include a short story. 

Just some thoughts.