Topic: Rules Question: Seven Gates

Hi everyone,

I have a question regardin the Magic-User spell Seven Gates: do ALL the gates have to be within circle with a diameter of five miles, or is it enough if a gate is within 5 miles of ONE other gate?

In the later case, a distance of up to 35 miles may be covered with a string of gates.

With kind regards
Gregorius21778

Re: Rules Question: Seven Gates

I think the maximum distance from one gate to any other gate is five miles, so it could be a circle with a maximum diameter of 5 miles. That's how I understand the spell description.

I agree that the wording of the spell implies a diameter of five miles, however, I think the spirit of the spell might mean each gate must be within 5 miles of at least one other gate.

Ultimately, I think it's up to you as the referee to decide which version you want players to use.

Crunk Posby wrote:

Ultimately, I think it's up to you as the referee to decide which version you want players to use.

I agree with you on that one, but as I am currently thinking about having this spell as a "base thing/mc guffin/gizmo" for a 3rd party release I strived to see how the people see it. After all, this way my interpretation would end up on a few more gaming tables, and I would hate having other GM scratching their heads due to an "obvious rules failure" at the center of a work of mine smile

I guess I will play it safe then and work with the 5-mile-radius-circule. Thank you, folks!

Last edited by Gregorius21778 (2018-10-28 09:20:49)

With kind regards
Gregorius21778