Topic: Looking for an introductory one-shot

I'm getting together with some old friends next week who have only played modern iterations of D&D. They've agreed to try a one-shot to get a taste for old school gaming. If they like it, we may continue with a campaign. If not so much, we'll play a 5E campaign.  I'm planning to use LotFP and looking for a good one-shot adventure for 1st level characters. I guess it doesn't necessarily *have* to be a one-shot--any good intro adventure would do--but something short would be preferable, since we may only have one evening of gaming in this system with this group.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Looking for an introductory one-shot

If you are willing to do more than a one-shot, I recommend Scenic Dunnsmouth above all else: it has the LotFP-vibe without going COMPLETELY over the top, while being a fun to prepare as well!.

If you want a one-shot, The Pale Lady fits the bill. It has the vibe, it has the grim and grime, it may be done in one or two sessions.

With kind regards
Gregorius21778

Tower of the Stargazer - good old school dungeon crawl with some LotFP twists.

Death Frost Doom - put LotFP on the map, dungeon crawl meets horror.

No Salvation For Witches - lots of NPCs interactions, horror, and gonzo.

Doom-Cave of the Crystal-Headed Children - super gonzo,  full on LotFP, and FREE!

I recommend checking them out and seeing which will work with your group. I’ve run them all and the players enjoyed them.

For a One-Shot I recommend "Tales of the Scarecrow". I've run it twice. In both sessions the players were new to LotFP and they loved the adventure.

Last edited by Olupo (2018-06-11 07:59:00)

Thanks for the recommendations!

I am going to look through these and choose one. I will let you guys know how the game turns out.

Chris