Topic: Grinding Gear Design Update

None of the art and none of the maps have been delivered. I've seen the prelim sketches for the artwork and approved the color scheme for the cover and the final illustrations are being worked on, and my hand-drawn maps and related notes have been sent to the cartographer.

I've submitted two possible formats for pricing at the printer:

A- 24 page A5-size saddle-stitched booklet with color cover. The middle two sheets would be map pull-outs, one for the players and one for the referee.

B- 16 page A5-size saddle-stitched booklet, and two detached cover sheets (outside cover in color) plus a folded A3 sheet. The second cover sheet would be a double-sided map sheet, and the A3 sheet would be a player handout.

B will cost more, but it remains to be seen how much more. I like the idea of that format, but with a 16 page adventure there's only so much extravagance the project can afford I think.

The sections of the adventure:

Author's Notes
Referee Introduction
The Surface Area
Dungeon Level One
Dungeon Level Two
Cheat Sheet

The cheat sheet is a description of the internal logic of the adventure. The dungeon is basically set up by a guy intentionally screwing around with adventurers, and a lot of things that might seem random have in-game logic to them. Instead of cluttering the actual descriptions with these explanations, I've moved it all to its own section.

Maria will begin proofreading tomorrow, and she's already made a layout suggestion that has made my life much easier. smile