Topic: Scenarios suitable for a Convention slot

Guys,

I'm running a one-day convention locally and some of the attendees have asked if I'd run a LotFP game.  It's next weekend (14th) and I really don't have time to write anything in time.

I have considered The Grinding Gear (although I suspect this is too long) and Tower of the Stargazer looks possible.  A Stranger Storm from the back of the new Referee's book is also looking possible.

Any scenario or other recommendations for running LotFP as a convention game?

Re: Scenarios suitable for a Convention slot

From my experience (two runs) Tower of the Stargazer usually ends itself within a standard con slot.  Of course, with my players, it's been a TPK both times.  They aren't old school.

Dennis Higgins, The Higgipedia.
So mellow, he's probably not REALLY a grognard.

Check out Gaming All Over The Place: http://gamingallover.blogspot.com/

Death Frost Doom, starting the session at the cabin (Bombadilizing Zeke!), might work.

And if you have the Grindhouse Edition try A Stranger Storm from the Referee Book, I want to say we did A Stranger Storm within four or so hours, and that was over Skype and DF Chat.  It might have stretched to six, but you can blame the communications media for that.  Since James ran it a few times, he can probably provide more insight into that.

Dennis Higgins, The Higgipedia.
So mellow, he's probably not REALLY a grognard.

Check out Gaming All Over The Place: http://gamingallover.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys, that's great.  Stargazer is a more traditional old school Dungeon Delve-y module, while Stranger Storm is more horror oriented.  I think both are great, but each has a very different feel.

I think I'm going to go with Stargazer this time around.

Rich

I was hoping to run Stargazer reflavored a little bit toward horror (something more sinister involving all of those weird mirror and lenses) for our local Con, but sadly people voiced their interest but nobody subscribed for the game session.

GM: Labyrinth Lord. Lamentations of the Flame Princess.
Player: Looking forward trying Stars without number.

The con was last Saturday, and I ran Stargazer.  I had a fantastic time and everyone had fun playing.  So much so, that I was pretty much forced to run it again in the afternoon for another group of players!

I suspect you might get a couple of sales from the south coast of England off the back of this, enthusiasm seemed really high at the end of each of the sessions.