Topic: Mining through Tower of the Stargazer

I ran Tower recently!  It spanned four short sessions for a group of mixed level ACKS characters.  In the final session, the party failed to solve the riddle of the forcefields in the treasure chamber.  After spending most of a session on it they said "screw it," consulted their map, and declared they were tunneling in from the floor above, behind the last forcefield, taking as much time as it needed.  I know how I resolved it (it worked, took a lot of time), but I'm curious how other GMs would have ruled.

Last edited by Saladman (2016-11-08 09:55:05)

Re: Mining through Tower of the Stargazer

Sounds suitably clever to me. Might require an architecture test to avoid undermining the tower (to hilarious effect, maybe even releasing the wizard).

Blogging about OSR at Deep Delving

How plausible would it be to drop Tower of the Stargazer into a hex of World of the Lost?

Nice!
If they have tools and the time, I see no reason why that would not work. Of course, I'd do same as Storapan and make them test whether something collapses. Architecture is good, but I'd be willing to forgo the test, if a player came up with a good enough plan.

Char-Vell: I think it'd be plausible enough. Wizards are weird and live where they will and you could always change Calcidius' name and ethnicity to fit the setting.
I suggest also tying him into the Sodality of Conjurers that used to be in Khirima for some extra plot leads!