Topic: LoTFP Grindhouse Elvish Magic Delta

I'm still awaiting the PDF-Only version of the Grindhouse Edition but I was just curious about the following:

Is there any difference between how Elves and Wizards cast spells AND the types of spells they can cast.

If not, I was considering the following house rule and would appreciate corrections:
1. Elves, like Wizards, have thrown in, voluntarily or involuntarily, with Chaos.
2. Nature is pretty chaotic
3. Elves are more directly tied to magic than Wizards. Whereas wizards have to research, learn, prepare, and cast spells, Elves just "do it" (like Warhammer 40K RPG or LoTHR). They just have spell points or a limited number of spells or something like that.
4. Elves don't have the breadth of spells that wizards do, because they're more like built-in powers. However, I'm thinking their list should come from the earliest edition of the D&D Druid list, with many of the weirdo things taken out (summon animal, Polymorph, etc).

Just a thought.

Re: LoTFP Grindhouse Elvish Magic Delta

To quote from the rules:

"In order to cast a spell, a Magic-User must have both hands free (or be carrying a staff or wand) and be able to recite the incantation freely (elves merely require one free hand)."

And,

"Magic-Users may not cast spells if they are more than Lightly encumbered. Elves may not cast spells if they are more than Heavily encumbered."

Elves also have a slightly different spell progression than magic-users. Other than that, they have the same access to spells, and they are also Chaotic in nature and alignment (as are magic-users).