Topic: A few mincing rules questions...

So, I have been running my OSR games with LotFP for a couple of months. I appreciate the streamlining and general simplicity but I have a few little questions...

- Does Strength add to damage with melee weapons? (I have not been adding it and it seems to work just fine and damage scales well without it)

- Do Elves, Dwarves or Halflings have better vision in darkness than the four human classes? Although it doesn't mention it under the class entries, Elven immunity to magical sleep and charm effects is listed under the spell entries so I figured I may have missed this.

Re: A few mincing rules questions...

These things have been discussed before, so I'll take the liberty of answering them with what I know.

- Strength only adds to Hit rolls, by the book. This is to preserve the chance of causing a single point of damage.

- Infravision and the like have been intentionally removed, by the book the "demihumans" have nothing like it. For me personally, I see this as a really good choice; lighting conditions are an interesting limitation and these "darkvision" variants are really boring.

Blogging about OSR at Deep Delving

Re: A few mincing rules questions...

Thanks Storapan.

I like the simplicity of the book so I am going to stick with whatever it says in there.

Last edited by George H. (2016-06-10 21:17:11)