Topic: Will out of print products be printed again, and if so when?

Hi, I asked this by email and didn't get a  reply:

I would like to order some of the out of print material of LotFP, like the Grindhouse Referee Book, and maybe other products as well. I know I can get the PDFs for some of those for free, but I prefer the official versions with art and on hard copy.
Will those products be printed again, and if so, when?

Kind Regards, and thanks if you could answer that,
Mark

Re: Will out of print products be printed again, and if so when?

Pretty sure the Grindhouse Referee book will not be in print. But the full art version is available for free at Drivethru:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/14 … se-Edition

That said, he did just reprint the original version of Death Frost Doom, despite having a couple of other reprints already available for that - but it was provided as a freebie for ordering 8 items from the store. It's always possible the grindhouse book could be reprinted in a similar manner.

The new Referee book will hopefully be available in the next release cycle or two (maybe within a year)?

Better Than Any Man will be getting an official reprint, likely in some sort of deluxe hardcover version.

I actually wouldn't be terribly surprised if the other free RPG day stuff was included as part of the Better Than Any Man reprint (like as a free rpg day anthology?), but that is definitely not officially announced, it's just my guess. Those other free RPG things may instead be released later down the road, or as a part of some other collection (or, possibly not all, but I would be surprised by that b/c they were all written by James Raggi, so he has the rights to re-release them however he wants.)

Noble Knight Games frequently has out of print stuff available if money is not an option.

Hi there

Cool! Thanks for the reply! :-)

"The new Referee book will hopefully be available in the next release cycle or two"

Didnt this already happen. I guess I will need to wait for its 3rd edition?

Yeah, we've had one regular release cycle and a gencon release cycle, but no ref book yet.

You didn't miss out on 2nd edition, it's just late.

I'm pretty sure once it is released it will be the only edition for many years, with numerous reprints.