Topic: Scenic Dunnsmouth aftermath, yes spoiler inside

Hello dear fellow referees,
I ran the adventure to my party.
They did succeed to destroy the artefact (time cube) and the flow of time is now normal in Dunnsmouth (and the flow of the river as well).
One on the PC is now blind, another one can summon "father time (can remember the name in English)" and both of them have problems to discern how much time is elapsed.
They gone straight to the temple and had no much relationship with all the citizen (damn with all the infected houses i rolled!).
They found Magda and protected her from Uncle Ivanovick (they only found his trapped cottage but the man is difficult to catch).

So for now i have a party who want to leave the place with Magda , they have plenty of silver coins (given by Father Iwanopoulos), and the whole place is now muddy instead of flooded.

I forget to mention that their main mission was to find the artefact and investigate about the Duvan'ku cult that struck years ago in the mountain nearby and involved a family of Dunnsmounth.

Do you have any ideas on how this adventure can continue?

What will happen with the normal flow of time, how will react the inhabitants?
Will the cult attack them ? (and why?)
Maybe Father Iwanopoulos impressed by their heroic deed can ask them to investigate about this malformed dead new born child he found at the church months ago ?

Ideas welcome!

Re: Scenic Dunnsmouth aftermath, yes spoiler inside

Hi Grand Verge!

it is a damn shame that they did not interacted with the villagers. To avoid this fate myself, I send them there with a task that was basically ensuring that they would (they were bounty hunters looking for four wanted brigands, some of which I placed into the fangs of you-know-what wink THAT encounter was a surprise for them, even after LOTS of strange villagers they had met AND the fact that there is no day-n-night cycle.

I don´t see this change to be overly relevant for them, nor for "the cult". After all, they did not give a DAMN to the fact that day and night was no more, but (seemingly) just shrugged it off as odd and continued with their daily routines.

Will the cult attack them?
They came down from the mountain after they ransacked their temple, right? If they see a chance, they very well should. But luring into some kind of trap might be the better strategy. If this ambush involves a few "mutants"...well... wink

Well, you could try to send them to Innsmouth next  wink

I personally tried to send them to Skull Mountain, after re-theming it to pose as the spider-cults main temple. Mixed results wink

With kind regards
Gregorius21778

Maybe now that it's easier to get in and out of Dunnsmouth, the spider cult will try to move out into a better area. Perhaps the cult will pack the spider in a crate and try to buy passage to the mainland.

I placed Scenic Dunnsmouth at the bottom of Death Frost Doom, so the players were able to hike up the mountain and continue on with that module.

Thanks for your answers,

Gregorius21778 wrote:

I don´t see this change to be overly relevant for them, nor for "the cult". After all, they did not give a DAMN to the fact that day and night was no more, but (seemingly) just shrugged it off as odd and continued with their daily routines.

The 'economy' of the village (crabs picking and fishing) should change with the normal flow of the river, with all the alluvium the inhabitants should now go back to plough the filed i think this will change their life a bit.

Gregorius21778 wrote:

Will the cult attack them?
They came down from the mountain after they ransacked their temple, right? If they see a chance, they very well should. But luring into some kind of trap might be the better strategy. If this ambush involves a few "mutants"...well... wink

Sorry i was not clear enough, by the temple i meant the church of Father Iwanopoulos in Dunssmouth, they came for collecting the taxes.

Gregorius21778 wrote:

Well, you could try to send them to Innsmouth next  wink
)

As my PC played Death loves doom they heard  that the necklace was a creation of the Dunvan'Ku and that the Van Kaus family was involved in this death cult , so i plan to send them in the mountain later and run death frost doom (I have fish fuckers as well but i plan to run it later).
My question was rather how to continue this adventure in Dunnsmouth, there is a lot of potential and i think it's ok to remove some of the 'random thing' and use all the adventures hooks that came with the module, after all my PC won't go back there and there is a very few chance i will run this module again (i mean the random thing is good for replayability and if you're a full time job DM who plays in conventions or this sort of thing).