Topic: The catalog of books is about to become much smaller.

I noticed there are 6 titles that are down to less than 100 copies. So the catalog is about to become much smaller.
Will there be reprints of anything coming soon? Ot is Death Frost Doom about to be gone forever?

I, for one would like to see reprints of Death Love Doom and Fuck for Satan.

Re: The catalog of books is about to become much smaller.

I'm pretty sure that DFD will get a reprint eventually. Any of the top selling books that aren't limited in some way will likely get reprinted as long as there's demand.

FFS may not ever come back in print. Raggi mentioned a while back that he had a plan to offload all his remaining copies (not sure if he did that or not) but to me that communicates that he had too much leftover and/or it was a slow seller or for whatever other reason he didn't want to keep it in stock as a regular LotFP book.

Not sure what's up with DLD.  If it was advertised as a limited release or was part of a crowdfunding reward, it likely won't get reprinted either.

I agree with you though, I'd love to see all of the out of print stuff come back! I'd also love a reworking of Pembrooktonshire and The Grinding Gear in the style of Death Frost Doom.

The Facebook page gives the impression that the postal rates are pushing him out of business, except at cons.
A great shame. I would be willing to pay more for postage if I had to. I already pay double when I buy from Goodman games. I only don't buy more from them because I don't like their stuff as much as LotFP.

Andomedanaea wrote:

The Facebook page gives the impression that the postal rates are pushing him out of business, except at cons.
A great shame. I would be willing to pay more for postage if I had to. I already pay double when I buy from Goodman games. I only don't buy more from them because I don't like their stuff as much as LotFP.

I don't think he'll stop shipping books any time soon, but there probably does need to be a change if LotFP is going to gain more access to oversea customers. There was talk among some Facebook users to look into helping out by providing a U.S. based distribution center.

I'm with you though - I'll still pay the high shipping rates to get the books as long as I need to.

I'm not in the USA. A USA distribution center does not help me much. Getting them sent to a USA relative, then sent to me is more expensive than paying more to have it shipped directly from him.

And it does sound like he's going to only sell at cons. The next two books will only be at gen con.

He is only selling these books at the con b/c they’re small soft covers. He has experimented with various types of releases: PWYW, crowdfunding rewards, free rpg day, bonuses only for ordering from his webstore, 1 day only releases, limited runs, reprints, and special versions of certain books.

Point is, don’t assume this is the end of shipping. He’s just doing something different for these releases.

Sorry I made an assumption that US distribution would help you. I have nothing to offer you on that front!

Does anyone known if Carcosa and Scenic Dunnsmouth will be reprinted?

Carcosa has already been reprinted once. I would imagine both would be up for reprints someday, but don’t know for sure.

That would be great. Thanks for your answer.

Death Frost Doom is now gone from the website.  . . . who's next? (some of the things currently on have been gone in the recent past)

I used to sell meditation cushions online - not a ton, just a few for about a year. Our sales went up after we increased our product cost and lowered the shipping cost. Even though the cushions cost the same, I suspect the customers felt they were paying more for a premium product and not wasting as much on shipping.

Shipping costs (and times) definitely affect sales, unfortunately.

Last edited by hertzrat (2020-09-13 07:59:26)