Topic: Just got the player's rule book today, have questions...

Where do I find the character sheet? In the back of the book, there is a sample sheet which lists the pages that cover that part of the sheet, but I don't know where I find a blank sheet to create my own character.

I found out about this game last year from the Vaginas are Magic book that got released for Free RPG day here in USA, and I am wondering if there many players in USA. I live in the Salt Lake City, Utah area.

I am using the Grindhouse Referee Rules PDF for the Referee rules until the new edition comes out, is there any word on the release of that?

I am definitely excited for Eldritch Cock to get released for 2018's Free RPG day, but I would like to get 2013's Free RPG Day book: Better than Any Man as well as 2014's The Doom-Cave of the Crystal-Headed Children in print, can I do this easily and for a cheapish price from the LotFP store?

How do I change the monetary currency from Euro to Dollar on the LotFP store?

Re: Just got the player's rule book today, have questions...

Character sheet: you can google it, or use the veins of the earth one on the main LotFP page (see below).

I think there are a growing number of players in the US, but the best way to go about it is to find some gamers and get them into the game yourself. smile

New Referee book is in the works, and will hopefully be out soon, but not sure how soon.

Those free rpg day releases will not be found cheap in print, and are currently not available from the store. (You can get PDFs for free, see below.)

You can’t change the currency, but google can help with this too. Just type in the euro amount and “U.S. conversion” to see what you’ll be paying. When you buy stuff, the conversion will be automatic.

I assume you’ve been here, but just in case, on the right side of the page are links to all the free stuff: http://www.lotfp.com/RPG/

Yea, already snagged the 6 free things though I am kinda confused as to where FRPGD 2015 is. I got the 2 adventure pdfs from 2013 and 2014, 2016 had SLUGS and 2017 had Vaginas are Magic!, where is the FRPGD material for 2015? did LotFP not put out anything that year?

Last edited by Soapstone (2018-05-16 03:39:44)

Soapstone wrote:

Yea, already snagged the 6 free things though I am kinda confused as to where FRPGD 2015 is. I got the 2 adventure pdfs from 2013 and 2014, 2016 had SLUGS and 2017 had Vaginas are Magic!, where is the FRPGD material for 2015? did LotFP not put out anything that year?

You're correct, there was one year where LotFP didn't do Free RPG Day. I think there was too much else going on that year or something.

Also, I created an unofficial FAQ at my blog to help new players. You might find it useful:

https://thegruenextdoor.blogspot.com/20 … ncess.html

And then you should check out some of the other blogs linked to there, as they're updated more frequently than mine! wink

Lol, I see you are also a fan of the Zork games, I just downloaded a Z-Machine interpreter recently and have been trying to get through Zork 1, unsuccessfully.

I saw that there was an email for the new edition of the Random Esoteric Creature Generator and a special code for free shipping for those that get the Isle of the Unknown with it, so I ordered them earlier tonight. I assume they will be here within 12 days or so.

I read about 1/3 of the Players Handbook now, and about 1/4 maybe of the Referee PDF, I definitely like how conversational and easy the Referee advice and rules are for first time DM/GM people. Started reading the Better Than Any Man adventure as well. Just started reading about The Seven.

I am not too sure yet how the game actually works as I haven't finished either of the main guides, and I assume reading the adventures make more sense after reading through them.

I did notice in the PDF version of the RECG PDF that I downloaded, to hold me over until I get my physical book, that there was a list that had 30 different mammals to choose from and it said to use "1d3 then 1d10", I am not quite sure why and how this works, but I really do not need to do this as I have a d30 from the DCC RPG dice set I got last year.

I am definitely loving the beautifully grotesque artwork in the books/PDF so far that I have, it reminds me of the artwork in Brian McNaughton's "Throne of Bones" book, which I think could translate very well into a LotFP campaign world. Now there is a thought for LotFP to do an actual campaign set in that world.

Last edited by Soapstone (2018-05-17 12:53:47)

All three of those books you're reading are great and really hooked me on this game. For the past month, I've been running two LotFP sessions per week!

Shipping to the US from the LotFP store is like it's own random generator chart. I've had stuff come within two weeks, and other stuff it took two months, even when shipped from the store within a short amount of time. I've probably ordered about a dozen times and have never NOT gotten something, so just be patient if it doesn't come right away.

D30s didn't exist, or were hard to come by when the RECG was originally published, and this one is mostly a word-for-word reprint. To do what it says, you would roll a 1d3 (so a d6, but you halve the result) and if you roll a 1, then you'd use the first set of 10, a 2 would indicate the second set, and a 3 the third set. The d10 tells you which one out of each set you use. There are also d16s available to use for the "Plant" chart on this page. smile

yea, I got all the funky dice thanks to DCC RPG which makes things like this much easier obviously. tongue

OK, I have another question about something I just discovered in the Player Handbook. There is no deity listing, if clerics are supposed to pick a god/goddess to serve under, how do they pick one? Is it just based on the real world religions back in the 17th century?

Correct, LotFP assumes real world deities and religions. (This is how I play it.)

England upturn’d has alignments and religions for England in the 17th century.

Another OSR resource you could use if you want to stray from strictly real world religions (along with 1E Deities and Demigods) is Petty Gods:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/149434/Pe … ed-Edition

I asked on the FB group Deliberations of the Punk Duchess and one of their responses had me laughing pretty hard.

I would share but no idea how to link the image.

Last edited by Soapstone (2018-05-20 02:23:11)

I tell players that most people are some type of christian, But they can be a cleric of Gozer the Gozarian if they want.