Topic: The aftermath of The Monolith beyond Time and Space (Spoilers)

Has anyone run this? How did you handle the PC's afterward?
I'm thinking that any new PC's had better have a fast horse. And that we will have to return to the Monolith periodically.

Re: The aftermath of The Monolith beyond Time and Space (Spoilers)

I removed the light drifters from my version of the Monolith, because I knew they wouldn't go well with my players. That said, I do believe it is possible to run them well and make them interesting.

First things first: when looked at purely mechanically, the light drifters are more a buff than a curse. The 1d4 damage might kill a lower level player, if they were unlucky on their way to the Monolith, but the free level more than makes up for it.
In addition they give free healing every night and immunity to a lot of magic effects (sure, buffs no longer work, but in my experience most magic effects faced by the PC's are negative).
And to make the boon even more overpowered, the PC's become invulnerable when they sleep - no more random encounters at night! Have a hard time at a dungeon? Take a nap in the middle of it, and by the morning all monsters will be dead!
Sure, you won't be sleeping at an inn for the time being, but how ofter does your typical OSR murderhobo do it anyway? Don't most adventures have traveling to dungeons and looting them? You can easily sell your loot and buy your stuff during the day, and if you really want to sleep in a warm bed, after a few dungeons you should have enough money to rent the whole inn to yourself.

But, and this is a big but, any of the above works only after the players find out about their condition. The crucial moment is when the party wakes up oblivious and find everyone in the inn slaughtered. I suggest you run this as a mystery encounter: something has happened and the PC's are somehow responsible. The goal is to get away safely and find out what happened to them. If you want to soften the shock a bit more, have them encounter a group of merchants that offer a place beside their fire on their way to the nearest city.
Do not run it as a Gotcha!-moment the adventure tries to present it as. It will probably only lead to angry players and a ruined evening.
When the PC's get away from the massacre, a clever group should be able to figure out the basics of their condition easily enough.

Then you can listen to your players:
If they seem okay with the news, you have a semi-immortal party in your hands who can cheese their way through any dungeon you throw at them. (I might be inclined to end the campaign here.)
If they want to cure themselves, it is only fair to offer them a chance - maybe some sage has studied the Monolith and can point them towards a cure. Remember that closing the Monolith ends the effects of the light drifters, so if players "win" the adventure, there is no need to worry about the aftermath.

In the end it mostly revolves around your group, so you'll be the best judge of what works. To they like PC-crunching twists? When presented with something inconvenient, will they try to solve the situation or complain about unfairness?
In my experience the early Lamentations of the Flame Princess modules contain a lot of gotcha-moments designed to screw with those experienced in "traditional D&D". Something they luckily have grown out of. Some of them are better done than the others, but one should always run them with extreme caution.
And there's no shame in removing them or changing them, if you know they won't go well with your group. It might be Raggi's adventure, but it is still your game.

So, I assumed you meant the light drifters. If you want advice on how to proceed if the PC's use the Monolith to destroy reality... I unfortunately cannot help you.

Yes, I am referring to the light drifters. I have modified it a bit. The players don't have the extra level. And I have forgotten a few times about the magic immunity. But the players have, to some extent figured it out. So they are avoiding sleeping in populated areas. And finding the corpses of the bandits who tried to rob them during the night.

But my main worry is how to integrate new PC's with them.

If they've figured out the rough radius of their kill zone, it should be simple enough to tell new guys to sleep further away.
Or what counts as a building in your game? It should not be too cumbersome to carry enough planks to set up a small shack every night. Even a tent might count, if the player is persuasive enough!

If you feel merciful, give them some way to "infect" other people. Maybe a researchable magic ritual. Or a blood donation.

Anyhow, I have to congratulate you on having players who're willing to figure it out instead of crying foul!