Topic: Char-Vell's Lost World of Lotfp Play Reports.

How and where did you drop the PC's into World of the Lost?

I'm tempted to railroad them onto the plateau (Dinos!) as fast as possible, but I don't want them to miss out on all the other weirdness.

Last edited by Char-Vell (2017-05-22 15:02:17)

Re: Char-Vell's Lost World of Lotfp Play Reports.

Played a long session Saturday night.
The PC's mostly wandered around the savannah encountering creepy humans and wildlife.

We finally called it for the night when half the party got mauled to near-death by a Crocodile.

No PC's died however. The players wisely avoided pointless fights, and didn't blindly fiddle around with the weird stuff they encountered. I didn't do anything to make it easy for them, other than roll badly.

They may be cautious because I played up how lethal the game is, dunno.

Got to play another session of World of the Lost!
I threw in a Changeling from the introductory Ref's book adventure and really weirded the players out.

Now that they figured out the best way to level up is to get the loot, they are taking more risks....and getting what they deserve.

Nice!

My players are actually heading to Khirima next, so if you have any tips or advice you'd like to share, I'm listening.

Th PC'S just arrived there when we finished for the night. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to proceed either. I did find some Great Zimbabwe/ African lost city art and photos onlne to use as visual aids.

Turns out that one PC was a changeling after all. A botched summoning spell resulted in multiple fatalities. The survivors made it onto the plateau.

Okay.... so the abscess was discovered, and 3 out of 5 PC'S mutated into pteranians. Soon they'll be flying about all over the place.  Not sure how I'll handle this yet.

I'm thinking my pc's might need a way to get XP while isolated on the plateau.

How about letting them "cash in" silver with the communities of Exiles and/or Pteranians, who might use it to make alloys?

Yay, my PC's started World of the Lost last friday! Shame the next time we play won't be until new year.

I think that if the PC's make friends from either Exiles or Pterians, their communities would count safe enough to cash in XP.

Has the flying PC's made you any trouble? Remember that they are a visible target and the Exiles can easily sneak attack from the underbrush and get away before they are caught.
I'm not saying you should kill the flyers, just let them know careless flying isn't as safe as it might seem. wink

Tallu wrote:

Yay, my PC's started World of the Lost last friday! Shame the next time we play won't be until new year.

I think that if the PC's make friends from either Exiles or Pterians, their communities would count safe enough to cash in XP.

Has the flying PC's made you any trouble? Remember that they are a visible target and the Exiles can easily sneak attack from the underbrush and get away before they are caught.
I'm not saying you should kill the flyers, just let them know careless flying isn't as safe as it might seem. wink

They had just mutated when we stopped last time.
I figure I'll let them do what they want.
I half expect them to try to fly over the barrier, and smack into it.

I plan on having them get a visit from some Pterians who'll demand they join their community or some such.

The Pc's saved a Pterian from a Plasmic earlier. Maybe he can offer them some guidance.

I'm getting a few ideas. smile

I FINALLY go to  run more LotFP this weekend. However, since we had a new player show up, and an regular not show up, we decided to start a new module; Death Frost Doom*.

We played for roughly 5 hours and managed to get through maybe 1/3 of the material. The players were VERY cautious, Spending a lot of time with Zeke, meticulously going through the cabin, examining the clock and the painting, then discussing theories at length. They haven't descended into the "dungeon" portion yet.

Some PC's decided to sleep in the cabin. there was some tongue chewing.

It was fun watching their paranoia build, they really immersed themselves in the scenario.

The new guy was really creeped out by the proceedings , but is now bugging me about when we're playing again.

* Hence the thread title changed to something more general

Last edited by Char-Vell (2017-05-22 19:31:23)

So tonight the PC'S thoroughly explored the entire cabin, took turns fiddling with the clock hands, decided not to go down the shaft under the trap door, went back down the mountain and murdered Zeke. Next session should be quite interesting.

Players split the party. 3 made it into the altar room, the skulls started falling.....

They think the door near the organ is controlled by the organ....they did not check the door to see if it's locked......

They have yet to figure out the basins of teeth....perhaps the NPC cleric will "get an idea".

Last edited by Char-Vell (2017-07-08 14:35:51)

The organ was played.

With no prompting from me the players played toccata and fugue in d minor, half the party aged 20 years.

this scared 5 of the characters so bad they ran back up to the cabin, one remained by himself in the temple.

He ended up prying one of his  Now rotting, 20 years older)teeth out, but couldn't figure out where to put it to open the door.

he then tried to sleep in the priests dorm and chewed through is tounge. I had him get visited by Nyarlathotep in his dreams...My dice rolls saved him from any further punishment.