Topic: Sea Faring Horr- ahem, Adventure

One of the characters in our group, the recentlypromoted Cpt. Toomy Starks of the pirate ship, the Dancing Dead, has put together a crew that, while he doesn't trust 'em, figures that he's at least smarter than them.  I've been tossing about a few ideas for the high seas, and was wondering if there are any already written for the LotFP setting.

Also, as a side question, are there any house rules or 3rd party rules for different schools or styles of combat, say, George Silver's True Fight as opposed to the Spanish Destreza, or do y'all just treat ot through story telling?
Thanks!

Re: Sea Faring Horr- ahem, Adventure

Black Robert wrote:

... are there any house rules or 3rd party rules for different schools or styles of combat, say, George Silver's True Fight as opposed to the Spanish Destreza, or do y'all just treat ot through story telling?

Our characters could doubtlessly go on for hours about the relative advantages of different schools of defense, debating Italianate rapier styles versus Almein saber work, or Spanish sword and buckler versus Swiss halberd defenses.  It's best that the rules leave such details behind, letting interested players and gamemasters incorporate them only as cinematic details.

Last edited by Sir Wulf (2017-06-13 21:35:13)

Black Robert wrote:

One of the characters in our group, the recentlypromoted Cpt. Toomy Starks of the pirate ship, the Dancing Dead, has put together a crew that, while he doesn't trust 'em, figures that he's at least smarter than them.  I've been tossing about a few ideas for the high seas, and was wondering if there are any already written for the LotFP setting.

I'm not aware of anything that precisely meets your criteria, so you may want to port over elements from adventures for other games.  You could start with "normal" maritime situations faced by their pirate crew, salting in supernatural elements to suit your taste.  You might want to mine the Temple of Cthulhu (www.templeofcthulhu.net) for idea seeds:  he has published a number of ideas posted years ago by Steve Hatherley:  http://www.templeofcthulhu.net/p/tales-of-terror.html

Thanks, Sir Wulf, good guidance.  I'll look into ToC.  I'm also looking at a 3.5 setting book from Green Ronin, Skull and Bones; pretty good setting for creepiness on the high seas.