Topic: VotE food prices

I am a bit confused about food prices in Veins. I didnt get to read much yet. Hardly anything to be precise. Im not gonna use it right away but start off with DFD. But I kinda wanna be prepared when it comes to consistency.
The rulebook has prices for food really low. Like 1Sp for a ration or something.

In Veins, it costs 200 silver for a day worth of food. Is that just the underground prices? (actually that just dawned on me as I was writing this)

Re: VotE food prices

A large part of Veins (especially traveling in Veins) is that normally common items like food and light are rare, hard to carry and absolutely vital to your survival. So they are worth a lot - you cannot eat silver after all.

If you plan having your party start on the surface and dwelve into Veins later, feel free to let it come to them as a shock.

Tallu wrote:

A large part of Veins (especially traveling in Veins) is that normally common items like food and light are rare, hard to carry and absolutely vital to your survival. So they are worth a lot - you cannot eat silver after all.

If you plan having your party start on the surface and dwelve into Veins later, feel free to let it come to them as a shock.

Yeah thats how I figured it was. Still wanted to press that "post" button just to get some input. smile

I ll start them off with Death Frost Doom. I figured the big hole with the blob thingy (cant remember name right now) kinda makes a perfect entrance into the darkness. Just gotta make it appealing to go down there without me having to railroad them.

Anyway, cheers for the input!

Conveniently let them find a scroll of Feather Fall (if their Magic User doesn't have it)! Once the dead start stirring, the pit begins to look more and more attractive.

cryion wrote:

I am a bit confused about food prices in Veins. I didnt get to read much yet. Hardly anything to be precise. Im not gonna use it right away but start off with DFD. But I kinda wanna be prepared when it comes to consistency.
The rulebook has prices for food really low. Like 1Sp for a ration or something.

In Veins, it costs 200 silver for a day worth of food. Is that just the underground prices? (actually that just dawned on me as I was writing this)

An equipment list was one of the biggest things missing from the book. I would imagine that Metal would have a lower value, but food and light would be the most sought after things. If people are on the Lume standard, then vials of oil or candles would be the standard form of money. Silver might be more portable, but you can't use the silver until you get somewhere. But oil for your lantern is something that you can use while you travel.

And some of the Lanterns in the book were semi permanent. How much do they cost? Can you get one without killing the previous owner?