Topic: LotFP Kender! Sacrilegious I Know But..

I want to run some old DL adventures i have owned for over 10 years, so was just looking for a way to turn the LotFP Halfling into a Kender.

The thing is i haven't run much old school d&d let alone any LotFP, so was wondering if someone could advise me on how best to do this whilst not upsetting the role protecting that is in the rules as written.

I was basically thinking of just adding a sleight of hand bonus (3 in 6?) and maybe reducing the hiding odds (3 in 6 in both outdoor and indoor) to balance it out, pretty much leaving the rest of the Halflings saves etc unchanged as i think they already go a long way to describing Kender.

Stating up a Hoopak should be pretty damn easy. wink

Thoughts?

Re: LotFP Kender! Sacrilegious I Know But..

[The bonecrunching sound of Higgipedia hating discuit's face for bringing up Kender]

Even though I *despise* Kender, I have only one constructive thought for you:  If you add bonuses, you're going to need to up the XP required per level.  The way it exists as written is based upon the Halflings getting, by far, the best saves in the game.  They just aren't good at much else, a la Tolkien's Hobbits.  If you start giving them bonuses, they should probably have to earn them, XP-wise.

Dennis Higgins, The Higgipedia.
So mellow, he's probably not REALLY a grognard.

Check out Gaming All Over The Place: http://gamingallover.blogspot.com/

discuit wrote:

I was basically thinking of just adding a sleight of hand bonus (3 in 6?) and maybe reducing the hiding odds (3 in 6 in both outdoor and indoor) to balance it out,

That sounds fair to me. You might also give a bonus to Saves vs. Fear. That's such a narrow bonus (I mean, how often does that come up?) that I'd just make it a gimme.

Irda Ranger wrote:
discuit wrote:

I was basically thinking of just adding a sleight of hand bonus (3 in 6?) and maybe reducing the hiding odds (3 in 6 in both outdoor and indoor) to balance it out,

That sounds fair to me. You might also give a bonus to Saves vs. Fear. That's such a narrow bonus (I mean, how often does that come up?) that I'd just make it a gimme.

Yeh that's what i figured, kind of a trade off between the two. Lower Hiding, add some Sleight of Hand, and there you go!