Topic: Question about The Pale Lady: Creation Spells

I'm planning on running this Monday night, but I feel like I'm missing something:

"As a faerie queen, she is a 10th level elf. Her first-level spells are based upon the word of creation, but her spells are otherwise random."

I don't understand what "Her first-level spells are based on the word of creation..." means. Is there a list of spells based on the word of creation I'm missing? Can anyone give me a clue?

Later, on p. 10, is this:

"The word of creation itself is a random first-level cleric spell."

And yet, again, I can't seem to find and reference to what the spell actually is or does.

The adventure looks perfect for what I'm looking for (a one-shot evening for my group) but I feel like there' something obvious I'm supposed to be getting... that I'm not.

Can anyone offer any help?

Re: Question about The Pale Lady: Creation Spells

When I ran the adventure I rolled a random spell from Cleric spell list and assumed she had all of her 1st level slots filled with that spell. When PC's read the Word, they got to roll for their own random cleric spell.
Unfortunately, Turn Undead didn't help much, when my group of adventurer's and their amulet-clones decided to kill her and sacrifice her babies.

Tallu wrote:

When I ran the adventure I rolled a random spell from Cleric spell list and assumed she had all of her 1st level slots filled with that spell. When PC's read the Word, they got to roll for their own random cleric spell.
Unfortunately, Turn Undead didn't help much, when my group of adventurer's and their amulet-clones decided to kill her and sacrifice her babies.

Welp, there it is. Like I said, I suspected I was missing something obvious. And I did.

I had assumed whatever was gained in the cube was something more impressive than a first level spell for M-Us. But I can see how the debate could rage on... the PCs could build a small army to defeat the Pale Lady.

So, thanks! Sometimes we don't see what we're reading because we want to be seeing something else. I think Monday night will be a blast.

Well, you can always substitute your own effect! smile
I spent some time in my campaign placing the other six Words around the globe and planned that the effect would grow exponentially with each Word your character saw -  shame, that my god-touched adventurers were slain before they reached the others.

Funny enough, my players spent a long time debating whether they should make an army of themselves. Ultimately they decided that there wouldn't be enough room in the cube for mass production.