Topic: printing the Qelong hex map

I'm thinking of blowing up the hex map for an upcoming game, and I'd like to just to take it in to a copy shop and get it blown up rather than tape together 9x12's off my printer.  One copy, personal use.  Is that permitted?

And, if it is, I may theoretically need written permission, though I'm unsure on whether anyone at the counter really cares to check.  Anyone else done this?

Re: printing the Qelong hex map

You always have permission to copy anything LotFP for personal use.

What sort of formal statement you'd need that a copyshop counter employee would accept, I have no idea.

I used to work at a copy shop. 

I remember we were not allowed to make multiple copies of stuff from published books.  You are totally allowed to copy whatever you want yourself if you use the "public" copier. (It's not monitored, you just pay the fee - but I'm not sure if you'll be able to do anything but 8.5x11 on these...)

I think we did make single copies for people from published work for personal use.  (I just can't remember if this was a "fuck it, not a big deal" mentality or legal policy.)

Okay, I just now got down and did this.  You were right, they didn't care at all, I had just made the mistake of checking websites while I was pricing, which made it sound like they might.

Anyway, I got an 11x17 for $1.50 at Office Depot.  I went in thinking of an 18x24 or 20x30 for $15 or $20, but at $1.50 I can still go back if I change my mind.

It looks pretty good!  No hex numbers stands out the larger you take the map, but I got it printed so I could mark it up, so that works.