Topic: LUSUS NATURAE random monster generator?

I've heard that R. Chandler's LUSUS NATURAE includes a random monster generator. Can anyone tell me how extensive its random monster generator is?

Re: LUSUS NATURAE random monster generator?

Ed Dove wrote:

Pages 124 to 127.  Page 124, 4 d20 tables: Descriptors & Types.  Page 125, 4 d20 tables: Appearance, Demeanor & Desires.  Page 126, 2 d20 tables: Special Abilities & Spoken Words.  Page 127, d100 table: Found In The Monster's Lair.

Thank you! So no tables for stuff like armor class, hit dice, movement rates, etc.?

Ed, thank you once again. smile That sounds like a short but powerful generator. I'm very tempted to buy LUSUS NATURAE when it is released in hard copy.

Thanks for the tip, Ed. I just ordered a copy. smile

Just to clarify, all of the above information is correct for the PDF version (thanks, Ed!), but the print version features a few extra pages (the PDF will be updated with these additional pages fairly soon).

Now, it's:
p. 126-127: 8 tables of descriptors and types
p. 128: 5 tables, including desires, special abilities, appearance, and demeanor
p. 129: d20 table of spoken words (dialogue uttered by the monster) and d100 table of names
p. 131: Generate a monster-hunting nemesis for the beast, including a d100 table for name, d20 table for identity, and d12 table for location
p. 132: Random disease generator using d4s, d6s, d8s, and d10s
p. 133: d100 table: "Found in the monster's lair"

(Note: p. 124-125 are now a list of anagrammed spells, due to the effects of a certain monster.)