Topic: The Pale Lady?

Just saw this on Drivethru RPG?  No hype?  Print version?  I bought it instantly (pour supuesto).

Re: The Pale Lady?

littlemute wrote:

Just saw this on Drivethru RPG?  No hype?  Print version?  I bought it instantly (pour supuesto).

your impressions, please, kind sir!

I had no idea this was even a thing!

And it's by Kowolski.

And it sound decisively fairytale-y, which is exactly what I need to bridge a gap in our current campaign.

Severely tempted.

Due to low cash flow I am resisting the urge until I see reviews. Mainly because Carcosa is next on my list when the world ends for my players...

cryion wrote:
littlemute wrote:

your impressions, please, kind sir!

Read it last night.  It's short, something you could whip out in an evening and play most of the way through I think (which is all the time I usually ever have).  It reminds me of a DCC adventure in terms of length.  What level is it for? I can't tell from the book but seems like 1-3 or possibly any.

Spoiler part
>>>>>>

It's in the vein of 'Ecclesiastical adventures' where the patron is someone from the Church (like potentially God the Crawls and Dunnsmouth-- if they are there to check on the missing priest).  This could be the start of an adventuring career where the characters are 'fixers' for the church.  that's just my take in an underlying theme I'm seeing in the LoTFP stuffs.

It has a very evil elf, horrifying rabbits and children in very grave danger, so the characters are in a heroic situation if they want to risk it, and the potential to be very non-heroic if they want reward instead. My players are XP/Gold greedy which the system reinforces so while the kids would be nice to save, better to save gold for themselves (which is why Deep Carbon Observatory just won't work for my group since their characters, fiends and hyenas all, likely would simply laugh at all the people drowning...).  The main trap in the module is worth the 5$ alone, which I won't spoil.  You want to know why the lord of plagues and fevers chose this guy's magic item to demolish publicly, it's because he came up with one for this adventure that is quite awesome.

What level is it for? I can't tell from the book but seems like 1-3 or possibly any.

It is for characters of levels!