Topic: Random starting equipment tables for LotFP

Hey folks,
I put together some random starting equipment charts for my table top LL game recently (to help speed up chargen at the table) and figured I'd put together one for LotFP.  If you are interested you can check them out here: http://hillcantons.blogspot.com/2010/10 … weird.html

Re: Random starting equipment tables for LotFP

Very nice. Any chance of italicising and bolding the non-encumbering and heavy bits?

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

Oh yes this I forgot. Thanks for pointing this out, will duly change!

Probably a stupid question, but what does the  "*-2 on all others rolls if 1st level. " that is wedged inbetween chart A and chart B refer to?  Is it the money roll?

Nice catch Aaron, the asterisk that was on the word document disappeared on blogger for some reason. It should be next to chainmail on the armor chart. Corrected on the blog.

Also a PDF file of the charts can be downloaded at the link above.

Ahhh, I see (que music for dawning realisation).  Nice.  Less of everything else due to "spending" so much on starting equipment.

Yeah it's a little on the generous side since starting gold at 1st level is 30-180 and the price of chain mail is 150!

Thanks! This is great!

Hi,
We made 4 characters the other day and used the random equipment generator.  The only thing we really noticed was the standard equipment in the kits were maybe a little over the top.  We ended up with 25 flasks of oil and 10 torches.  Really bad for encumbrance!

Hmm well perhaps I was projecting my own love for burning things as a player a bit too much haha. Of course one can always opt not to cart all that around--or reduce the amount on the table (the gp cost difference would be pretty minimal and wouldn't effect the overall calculations that much).