Topic: impossible to accurately spell blase'

You know what I'd pay real money for?  A handful of mini-adventures that have no supernatural content whatsoever.  Maybe even a full adventure.  I love the idea of adventuring in the real world, but when every single adventure involves magic and paranormal horror, the supernatural becomes a bit blase'.

Re: impossible to accurately spell blase'

Some elements of "Better Than Any Man" are very non-magical, especially the backdrop of the the Swedish army marching on Wurtzburg. However, I think the problem with such a request is: 1) most people play adventure games to experience weird and supernatural things and 2) normal-world stuff is a little easier to think up on your own than mind-bending horrors.

However, a "normal adventures" product that focuses on providing small adventure sites and situations to make the campaign world feel more "normal" overall would be welcome, and it would make sense regarding of the ideas presented in LotFP about how the weird needs to be juxtaposed against the normal.

It could be one or two large random encounters tables with lots of normal Early Modern European situations that could easily be dropped into any country or any campaign, giving the Referee a nice resource for making sure that not every encounter ends with tentacled horrors.

I tried to think of a helpful answer, then I tried for a glib answer, but ultimately I got nuthin'.

I'm here for the weird.

"It does exactly what it says on the tin."

(blasé)

You people are all alike, you march in here, young, try and touch the local things.
I suppose next you'll be spraying me with one of those cans of paint, smearing poor Tubbs here with excrement.

Kev wrote:

You know what I'd pay real money for?  A handful of mini-adventures that have no supernatural content whatsoever.  Maybe even a full adventure.  I love the idea of adventuring in the real world, but when every single adventure involves magic and paranormal horror, the supernatural becomes a bit blase'.

It's not blase' if your characters don't survive it!   I think there's always a point in a lot of the LoTFP and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventures where the characters can say "hell with this, I'm out of here," when there are more than subtle hints that something terrible and unnatural is going on.

There are two non-magic/non-horror adventures for WFRP that are also great:

Noblesse Oblige: http://www.windsofchaos.com/?page_id=259  (just convert the mutants to some non-european race, religion or lepers)

With a Little Help from my Friends: http://www.scribd.com/doc/15746506/With … nd-Ed-WFRP

These are both easily converted to LotFP.

Thanks Littlemute!  I'll check those out.

You might also want to check out the LotFP three brides adventure.  The first adventure is exactly what you are looking for, the second could be "non-magical" if you substitute dwarves (which are pretty much never seen anyway) for a hill tribe.  So at this point you can think of the third adventure (with supernatural) as a bonus!