Topic: Anyone else having a problem getting their box set from IPR?

Hi all:
I picked up the LotFP boxed set Print+PDF bundle on Monday, August 30th through IPR (indiepressrevolution).

I've ordered from IPR in the past with no problems at all. I sprung for Priority shipping -- which is 2-4 days according to their site. In my experience that's a long estimate but whatever.

Today is Friday. It's been a week plus. The item was "Shipped" last Thursday. So no matter how I slice it, it's been over 4 days.

I contacted IPR via their "Contact Us" page yesterday afternoon. But I haven't heard anything back from them.

There's also no phone number on their website ANYWHERE.

Have I been scammed?

Because at this point I've dropped $80 for the PDFs.

Re: Anyone else having a problem getting their box set from IPR?

I'm not sure.  I had my PDFs sent to my fiancee since I'm still in Afghanistan.  I'll check and get back to you.

Dennis Higgins, The Higgipedia.
So mellow, he's probably not REALLY a grognard.

Check out Gaming All Over The Place: http://gamingallover.blogspot.com/

Thanks poolboy.

My PDFs were not a problem. But I would've expected the box to have been delivered by now. Especially shelling out a fairly inflated amount to have it priority shipped.

This is frustrating because my rpg budget is limited and this was a pricy purchase for me.

And the radio silence from IPR isn't helping. Nor is the complete lack of a landline that I can contact and speak with any sort of customer rep.

I'm tentatively putting a "buyer beware" on IPR. I'm giving them 24 hours to respond to my contact. If I haven't heard anything from them, I'll contact them again. If I still don't hear anything back from them, this may get ugly.

Has anyone received a boxed set from IPR? It would be nice if someone could confirm that they've fulfilled an order.

I'll keep the forum updated as to my status. Hopefully the box will arrive today (1-2 days late but whatevs).

Going on 24 hours since my last attempt to contact IPR. Still no response. I tried to contact again via the contact form on their site -- which is the only way I have of contacting them.

We'll see if this box makes it here this weekend. But I am thoroughly unimpressed with the customer service.

I would caution people from buying their boxed sets from IPR but it seems they're sold out. So silver lining and all...

I'll update this weekend if anything changes. At this point, I'm looking at the most expensive PDFs in the world.

For what it's worth, it seems IPR is in Nevada, so they're about a week's shipping time to the American midwest, and maybe a day or so longer to the East Coast.  If the package shipped last Thursday, since it was a holiday weekend, it wouldn't get very far until all the shippers shut down for the weekend.

That doesn't excuse the no response to your emails, but the package is only a bit behind schedule at this point.

I ordered from them the day before your initial post, and haven't seen anything either.  I figure they're a pretty small operation, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited by Brasidas (2010-09-11 03:35:17)

I've just been informed that Burning Man (August 30 - Sept 6) tied everything up.

"Monday was a holiday, and the local post office is swamped because Burning Man just  took place, swelling our community of 162 to a community of 50,162... with the accompanying increase in mail through a one person post office."

Thanks for checking up on that James. Burning Man explains a lot.

The boxed set finally arrived yesterday. It was shipped Priority Mail. And strangely (or not) it only took two days to arrive from Nevada.

The problem was I had been notified that it was shipped last Thursday. That would be September 2nd. I was notified by email and the status of the order changed as well.

But the package was postmarked September 8th. So the package essentially sat somewhere for 6 days. Glad I paid $12 for postage.

Not.

Lessons learned...

If I ever buy anything from IPR again (not likely), pay additional for the FedEx so I can at least track the package.

IPR customer service is non-existent.

This whole situation would have been alleviated if IPR would have responded to any of my attempts to contact them. Or if they would have mailed the box when they said they did.

Neither happened. Hence IPR has lost a customer.

And I have bought a non-trivial amount of stuff from them in the past.

Looking through the boxed set now. It looks great. Great job, James.

And thanks again for getting some word from IPR. I appreciate it.

JimLotFP wrote:

I've just been informed that Burning Man (August 30 - Sept 6) tied everything up.

Damn hippies ruining a perfectly METAL gaming experience. wink

I ordered my bundle from IPR as well and while I JUST got the ship notice yesterday, one thing I liked about them is that the game and PDF bundle were of comparable (and when you factor in S&H cheaper) cost to the version from other vendors.  For those of us who spend a lot of time traveling/deployed, PDFs are INVALUABLE, so the ability to get both is clutch for me.  I love book & PDF bundles that are competitively priced.

As much as I hate a lack of contact from companies, I'm realizing that it's par for the course and customer service is a lost art.  It makes me appreciate (and often pay more for) companies that go the extra mile.

Last edited by poolboy (2010-09-12 08:00:43)

Dennis Higgins, The Higgipedia.
So mellow, he's probably not REALLY a grognard.

Check out Gaming All Over The Place: http://gamingallover.blogspot.com/

I received both the package ordered from IPR and the one ordered from Troll & Toad today.

IPR sent an email about 2 hours before I received the package saying that it had shipped.  Looking at the shipping charts from Nevada to St. Louis, they were actually on the ball with getting it out.  Their communication does suck, however.

Troll and Toad, on the other hand, also shipped out the same day, and sent out enough email updates to keep me from getting nervous, so thumbs up for them.

And thumbs up for me, 'cause now I've got two copies.  smile