Topic: Fighters get +1 to hit per level but dwarves and elves don't right...?

A player in tonight's game just emailed me this question, which I thought I knew the answer to, but then doubted myself.

Dwarves and elves get funky combat options like defensive fighting, parry and press, but fighters are the ONLY class to get a +1 to hit per level.

That right, isn't it?

You people are all alike, you march in here, young, try and touch the local things.
I suppose next you'll be spraying me with one of those cans of paint, smearing poor Tubbs here with excrement.

Re: Fighters get +1 to hit per level but dwarves and elves don't right...?

Yes, that is correct. Dwarves have other abilities, higher hit points and amazing saving throws. They are natural dungeoneers and far more resilient than other characters. That makes up for the attack bonus which is basically the fighter's only thing. Elves have spellcasting and a host of special abilities and features that balance them out as well.

They are all martial classes so they can do the special maneuvers that can make them more effective in certain combat situations and give them more flexibility when fighting.

Last edited by David (2013-09-23 15:44:17)

David is correct.

Thank you for the confirmation.  We have character generation this evening, should be fun.

You people are all alike, you march in here, young, try and touch the local things.
I suppose next you'll be spraying me with one of those cans of paint, smearing poor Tubbs here with excrement.

Let us know if anyone dies in character creation! tongue

"Dead before he hit the ground" takes on a new meaning... smile

Blogging about OSR at Deep Delving

Yuritau wrote:

Let us know if anyone dies in character creation! tongue

9 sets of scores rolled, 3 characters generated.

So 6 dead I guess.