Topic: Referee Book Prelim Pledge Levels and Rewards

Here's a quick video I put together for the hows and whys of the campaign. It's aimed at the LotFP Faithful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzNJCC6U … e=youtu.be

$10 PDF
REF BOOK PDF COUPON

$35 Referee Book
REF COUPON CODE
GM Mat

$150 Official Sponsor
REF COUPON CODE
GM Mat
SPONSOR MENTION
LotFP SUPER DICE SET
EXCLUSIVE PRINT ADVENTURE

$500 Artwork Sponsor
REF COUPON CODE
GM Mat
SHIPPING CODE
SPONSOR MENTION
LotFP SUPER DICE SET
EXCLUSIVE PRINT ADVENTURE
ART SPONSORSHIP

Explanation of rewards:

REF BOOK PDF COUPON
You will get the Ref Book PDF, and PDFs of any stretch-goal adventures.

(Those that bought the Grindhouse Edition will get their Ref Book PDF updated anyway, as will anyone that has previously bought stretch goal adventures)

REF COUPON CODE
You will get a coupon code for the LotFP store that covers the basic cost of the Referee book. It will be a minimum of 27€/$35, but no matter the cost, the coupon will cover it. The coupon will *not* cover the shipping costs though. So you'll decide at the time how you want it shipped and if you want to add anything else to your order etc.

Several adventure reprints are up as stretch goals. If these stretch goals are met, your coupon code will also cover the cost of those adventures (again not counting shipping).

GM Mat

An A5 card that helps keep track of light source duration and other handy bits that often go untracked during adventures. Will not count against your shipping weight.

SPONSOR MENTION

I'll set a page up near the beginning of the book to list the names of all the high-level sponsors.

LotFP SUPER DICE SET

All opaque red with white numbering, with all the dice needed to both play the game and navigate all the Ref book charts:

1x d4
1x d6 (numbers)
3x d6 (pips with a Dead Sign in the 1 spot)
1x d8
1x d10 (0-9)
1x d10 (00-90)
1x d10 (000-900)
1x d12
1x d20
1x d30

Will not count against your shipping weight.

NEW ADVENTURE

You know how I always have a new mini adventure thingy (Death Love Doom, Joop van Ooms, Tales of the Scarecrow, Fuck For Satan) when I have a new major release? Well, whatever it is when the Ref book gets released, you get a copy of it. This one will be PDF-only except to fulfill these sponsorships (plus contributor and library copies of course). I'll hand-number them as well. Won't count against your shipping weight.

SHIPPING CODE

It was mentioned above that the basic coupon code doesn't include shipping. Well at this funding level, it does.

ART SPONSORSHIP

This one's tricky, because it depends on outside forces beyond my control and IndieGoGo doesn't allow pledge level changes or refunds. You select an artist that you want to see in the LotFP Ref book, and I will pursue them to do at least one pic - in color if possible if we've unlocked the color goals! You should select a list of artists because again I cannot guarantee that your choice will be available in the timeframe or anywhere near the allowable budget (but two art sponsorships can be combined to get a more expensive artist of course). But I promise this - you pick an art sponsorship and I will pursue your choices like a dog.

STRETCH GOAL LEVELS

$3500 BASIC GOAL
The Ref book! Contributors will get an exclusive version that has two bookmark ribbons in them, plus they will be signed. The Ref book will include more tools and not just advice, including expanded sample monsters and a full creature generator, an adventure generator, a new beginner adventure, and just tons of new fun and horror!

$5200 MASTER INDEX ADDED
An index that covers both the Rules & Magic book and the Referee book will be added to the book.

$8200 COLOR! Four full-color plates will be added to the book.

$11700 TOWER OF THE STARGAZER will be reprinted!

$15200 DEATH FROST DOOM will be reprinted!

$18200 MORE COLOR! Four more color plates will be added to the book (8 pages total).

$21200 EVEN MORE COLOR! Four more color plates will be added to the book (12 pages total).

$24200 THE GRINDING GEAR will be reprinted!

$27200 HAMMERS OF THE GOD will be reprinted!

$30000 MORE COLOR STILL! Four more color plates will be added to the book (16 pages total).

$35000 ALTERNATE COVER! Everyone at the Official Sponsor level on up will get an additional copy of the Ref book with a different cover!

Re: Referee Book Prelim Pledge Levels and Rewards

For the $35+ levels, I would suggest adding a note to the effect of "add $35 for each additional copy of the book you want". Cause folks that got 4+ R&M hardcovers might be interested in matching that number with ref books.

Also, that's more dollars towards the stretch goals, and we totally need to hit ALL THOSE STRETCH GOALS!

Yuritau wrote:

For the $35+ levels, I would suggest adding a note to the effect of "add $35 for each additional copy of the book you want". Cause folks that got 4+ R&M hardcovers might be interested in matching that number with ref books.

Also, that's more dollars towards the stretch goals, and we totally need to hit ALL THOSE STRETCH GOALS!

I can understand "4 player books for my group!" but 4 Ref books?

Would it be economical to make a slipcase that could house both the R&M hardcover and the Referee hardcover together that could be either an add-on here or something that you sell on the LotFP store when we actually get our hardcovers fulfilled? It'd be a really nice option to have.

My gaming group would be interested in getting a few copies. A backer level that lets us pool our order to save on shipping would be great. It would be nice to have a backer level between $35 and $150 too.

JimLotFP wrote:
Yuritau wrote:

I can understand "4 player books for my group!" but 4 Ref books?

My group does rotating GMs pretty often, so might be nice not to have to take turns with one book.

I'd like a level between $35 and $150 too, but I understand you don't have a lot of time to create new stuff to give away. Are any of the other upcoming releases far enough along that you could do preorders?

taylormartin wrote:

I'd like a level between $35 and $150 too, but I understand you don't have a lot of time to create new stuff to give away. Are any of the other upcoming releases far enough along that you could do preorders?

I'm still thinking on this, it's been a heavy pack & ship couple of days but I'll be posting some new ideas on this in a day or two. big_smile

I believe that I will not be the only guy interested in the exclusive print adventure, but paying $150 to get it is too much,
You would probably get my money if you were proposing a $50/$60 pledge for ref book + adventure.

More over, as a PGS member, I'm not really exited by stretch goals for reprinting adventures I purchased some time ago... smile

Tauther wrote:

I believe that I will not be the only guy interested in the exclusive print adventure, but paying $150 to get it is too much,
You would probably get my money if you were proposing a $50/$60 pledge for ref book + adventure.

More over, as a PGS member, I'm not really exited by stretch goals for reprinting adventures I purchased some time ago... smile

I'm a PGS member that IS excited about reprints. Both for myself to get the ones I'm missing, and for LotFP to get more copies out in the world, which can only be a good thing.

A second attempt:

http://www.lotfp.com/RPG/discussion/top … round-two/