Topic: General question: Who is the Flame Princess?

Ok so I only have the Rules and Magic free pdf at the moment and loving it, but my question is who exactly is the scarlet haired heroine on the the cover of the books and featured in much of the art I have found online? I'm currently working on my LotFP campaign and while I am comming up with my own idea for the title character I would be greatly interested in learning about some cannon for this person if there is any. Questions include but not limited to her name, class(if any), a brief history and or character motivations(Why is she seen battling a Malrith and loosing her leg and some fingers to an unsavory ooze)? Any information would be much appreciated.

Re: General question: Who is the Flame Princess?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe he specifically made her just an icon rather than having any true background/history. She's just meant to represent the style/feel of the system.

I think I read somewhere (probably google+, maybe these boards) that James was deliberately never putting any stats to his iconic characters (Flame Princess, blonde rifle lady, brunette magic user). It would be cool to get their names and a bit of brief backstory for them though!

Ok that's very cool since it leaves much open to personal creativity with how a GM would want these npcs fleshed out in regards to their own take on the LotFP setting. I'm going to take this very helpful information and run with it as I have my own ideas for these characters. Thanks!

http://www.lotfp.com/RPG/discussion/top … haracters/

The Mage is Melissa, the blonde cleric is Alice, and the Flame Princess is, well, the Flame Princess.  The link above has some info about the iconics. smile

Wow that was very insightful, thanks!

Thanks for the link vfults!