Topic: News on the guns?

Back in august, when it was announced that the modern firearms wouldn't be part of The God That Crawls, the timeline of ze gunz pdf was a month or so ("The firearms rules will go up as a free PDF sometime this coming month when I have the marbles to get that together")

So now I'm just wondering if there is (or has been) an update on the gun-rules - or if the marbles are still somewhat seperated?

Re: News on the guns?

Situation normal, nothing ready exactly on time.

Issue here is I want to release a new character sheet with the firearms rules (since there is a bit of complexity to them if you use all the options, but with the character sheet modifications, all that complication shouldn't impact play since it should be pre-figured).

The guy who is to re-do the character sheet is veeeeeeeeeeeeeerryy slammed at the moment.

Check and cool.

I'll look forward to reading them, whenever they arrive.

JimLotFP wrote:

The guy who is to re-do the character sheet is veeeeeeeeeeeeeerryy slammed at the moment.

Can I just say that I really dig the fact that you hire out henchmen to help you with your products?

Jim - remind me, is the supplement on guns also covering cannons and naval combat?  I remember at one point you were interested in expanding the LOTFP maritime section.

Beedo wrote:

Jim - remind me, is the supplement on guns also covering cannons and naval combat?  I remember at one point you were interested in expanding the LOTFP maritime section.

That was the plan but there is now the possibility that someone will do the maritime thing as its own book.

Was it right that those Monolith + TGTC funders will get gun rules as a freebie?

"Man has come to dominate the planet thanks to two essential traits. One is intelligence. The other has been the absolute willingness to kill anyone and anything that gets in his way." (Stephen King)
My blog: cradleofrabies.blogspot.com

Thaumiel_Nerub wrote:

Was it right that those Monolith + TGTC funders will get gun rules as a freebie?

Yeah, when the Early Modern rules supplement is complete Monolith/God funders will get it free.

So, some 6 months later, I allow myself to bump this post.

Any news on the Early Modern Supplement?

I know that it was posted earlier in 2013, that it was not "a *front burner* project", but...

it was kinda the reason I bought into the Monolith/God campaign and as the direction Lamentations seems to be taking (from the look of Joop van Ooms, Scarecrow, DLD) is exactly early modern, I think it would be a really useful addition, and selling point, for Lamentations, and the LotFP shop.

So, an ETA? Arrival alongside one of the more recent campaigns (to save some shippin')?

Firearms rules will appear in the appendix of the upcoming hardcover Rules & Magic book. When the PDFs are updated everyone that's already bought the Grindhouse Edition will get the updated files.

(New Referee hardcover is in the works too.)

Oh dang, a Ref book hardcover too! Any idea when any of this stuff will be out?

Rules & Magic hardcover is in the final stages of production before printing (but I have to weigh the costs of a couple things before actually going to press - might be a very good business idea to batch that with something else).

Ref book is still in the revision and addition process (if it's going to be a standalone it's got to have more gamecrunchaidstuff I think).

Well, Raggi, if I could ask for any small modification on the rules as you revision the ref book, I would like to ask for you to find any use for the d12. Any real use besides rolling random magical effects or npcs quirks.

I mean, d4, d6, d8 and d10 are damage and the d20 is the saves and combat; d12 is completely useless (and the usage as 'barbarian hd' or 'barbarian axe' in DeD is, for me, just an excuse). Is there any way that you could add some use for the d12 in the game?

JimLotFP wrote:

Firearms rules will appear in the appendix of the upcoming hardcover Rules & Magic book.

Sounds ok, but I really would like to have been updated on this. Now the poor firearm-rules have travelled from The God That Crawls to its own 64-page book and now into the appendix of Rules & Magic. Without apperaring in any kinda (pdf-)version.

Maybe it's been announced over at G+, but updates on the blog or the IndieGoGo/Kickstarter pages would really be appreciated.

JimLotFP wrote:

Firearms rules will appear in the appendix of the upcoming hardcover Rules & Magic book.

That sounds like a good decision. How many pages will the appendix be, and how many pages will the entire book be?

Last edited by Geoffrey (2013-04-30 17:28:00)

Geoffrey wrote:
JimLotFP wrote:

That sounds like a good decision. How many pages will the appendix be, and how many pages will the entire book be?

The book is 168 pages (plus charts and tables on the endpapers), the appendix starts on page 153. (basically we've just replaced a lot of the appendix info from the prelim artless pdf of this layout we previously released)

The firearms rules will be part of the artless free PDF of the rules we release when this is all ready.

Great to hear that gunpowder rules are being added but I'm pretty keen to see this finally released.

I just saw the Firearms rules in the Rules and Magic and I'm pretty jazzed about doing some horror themed Three Musketeers action with them!

Last edited by Lord Inar (2013-06-19 06:50:28)

Speaking of guns, I should be running a short campaign based on "Better than Any Man" early next month.  The module had nice little quick rules for the guns in a box early on, but I do not recall it having any difference between pistols and muskets.  Should they be treated as equal in game terms (except maybe letting the musket double as a blunt great weapon) or should there be some other differences in implementation?

I'd just download the Free rules, which have the firearms info in the back.

Short answer: Arquebus and Musket are essentially the same, and have double the range of a pistol.
Personally, I'd change the damage of a musket to 1d10 (otherwise there's no difference)
All three can be used as melee weapons.

Ah, great, I didn't realize the free pdf was the updated version.  I thought we were stuck waiting till they came out in hardback and released online first.  Thanks!