Topic: Free RPG Day Kickstarter Preview

Starting February 1...

Some previous conversation about the topic:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/11226209367 … MrMW2DeL6A
https://plus.google.com/u/0/11226209367 … zMG22Vdr3T

Anyway, it's not finished, still needs some graphics and text under "What is LotFP?" but otherwise, what do you think? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/193 … n=04e70814

Re: Free RPG Day Kickstarter Preview

Here's a point that isn't clear to me... at what backer level do you get a printed version of "Better Than Any Man"?  I see that you get the contributor version cover at the $25 level, but it's ambiguous if that's PDF or print.  That's one thing to clarify before the campaign goes live.

The picture on the kickstarter is creepy and amazing.  So good.

"Better Than Any Man is being shipped straight from the printer to the Free RPG Day distribution warehouse so nobody at LotFP will be handling any copies so we can't ship them to you as a reward! You'll have to go to your local participating game store to pick one up, or get a copy from one of the internet vendors participating in Free RPG Day."

It is a bit weird, but the costs involved to have something printed in the US, and then A- shipped here to Finland then shipped back out mostly to the US, or B- shipping to someone in the US to pay to pack and ship, would just be monstrous when the idea is to be able to put as much money as possible towards giving the things away for free.

Got it - rereading the main text explains that the PDF is coming free a week after Free RPG day, so the contributor reward is just access to the alternate art cover in electronic form.

Last year I skipped out on free RPG day, I can see I'll be driving somewhere this year.

At the $25 level you get a physical alternate cover (printing some of those up to mail out with the new modules being offered).

Will the "main adventures" PDFs be free or for sale after the kickstarter?  If they are for sale (which is what I'm assuming) how much will they cost?  I don't really want to back the kickstarter, but I'd like to get a sense of what the cheapest option for obtaining Dungeon of the Unknown is.  I'm vaguely interested in some of the other adventures, but DotU is what I'm really interested in.

If I were to decide to back at the $25 level and get a print copy of DotU, do I have to pick that up at a game store, or is it shipped to me? Is shipping included in the $25?

The PDFs of the "main adventures" will be for sale after the Kickstarter, but there will be no print copies available outside of the campaign. I'm assuming that they'll be $3 each, but layout on DitU hasn't been done and Sterns is doing a number of color pieces for the interior so it might be more, can't quite say yet.

All physical rewards will be mailed to you, shipping is included in the level pricing.

Will DotU at any point be sold separately from the kickstarter?

sirravd wrote:

Will DotU at any point be sold separately from the kickstarter?

In PDF form.