Topic: LotFP Character sheets

I have been looking over the weird fantasy PDF while waiting for my own hardcopy books to materialize. The character sheet seems a bit too… functional or something. One of the D&D sheets that I like is by Sam McLean, it is posted along with some other good ones here ---> dragonsfoot cool character sheets

I was just wondering if anyone here had already Erolafied a LotFP sheet, and if so could you post a copy here. Or does anyone have plans to do something along those lines.

Thanks for your time

Re: LotFP Character sheets

I haven't seen anyone redo the LotFP sheet yet, but I've thought about it. I'm kinda waiting to see what comes with the hardcover release before I do anything though.

The character sheet isn't being redesigned for the hardcover.

It is being redesigned for the Early Modern supplement, because gun rules require some extra notation on the sheet.

Cool, I might try my own hand at rendering something with a more theatrical feel. I think I'm going to start using LotFP rules for my campaign, great work by the way Jim. Your system manages to present a very clear, consistent, and usable framework while still evoking a sense of wonder and the feeling that there is something happening beneath the mechanics, a subtle shift perhaps in the actual mental processi of the participants. I have long thought that game mechanics had the ability to do this, yours is the most fully incorporated use of the phenomena.

Niagra, what do you mean by thankyou? are you thanking me for something that i might do, or are you thanking Jim for making such a cool game, or something else entirely.

Niagra is not likely even a person. Save your breath mate. Registered, 2 posts. One is simple "Wow!" and the other "thankyou!". It is a bot. A spam bot at that.

Why is the downloadable character sheet's skills different to Grindhouse character sheets? Which one I actually should use?

"Man has come to dominate the planet thanks to two essential traits. One is intelligence. The other has been the absolute willingness to kill anyone and anything that gets in his way." (Stephen King)
My blog: cradleofrabies.blogspot.com

Only sheet I see for download in the releases section of the site *IS* the grindhouse version.

There is a very minor difference, I forget what it is, between the sheets included in the Grindhouse set (which is the same as the download) and the sheet in the sheet explanation section of the Rules & Magic book. Very minor terminology change I do believe but nothing major and the PDF/printed sheet is the correct version.

Ahh yeah, I see it now, though I wouldn't have noticed without being told. In the abilities box the book has "Saves vs MU Spells, Languages" next to Intelligence modifier, whereas the sheet has "Saves vs Magic Effects, Languages". Similarly, Wisdom modifier has "Saves vs Cleric Spells" and "Saves vs Non-magic Effects", respectively.

Dragonsfoot is full of great stuff. While I like the McLean Character sheets, I like the "'Old School' Character Sheet set" better.
Follow this link and scroll down:
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/fe/#FECH2/