Topic: Initiative

I have a few quick questions about DEX and initiative in LotFP. Per page 2, in Rules and Magic, "Dexterity modifiers affect a character's... ability to act first in combat. Then, on page 57, it appears that DEX mods are used as tie-breakers, in the case of group initiative? Or is it also in the case of individual initiative?

Do DEX mods have any impact on the segment that a character acts? Or is that down to just random chance?

Re: Initiative

The DEX mods are used as tiebreakers when using individual initiative as well. It doesn't change the segment the character is acting on.

I've seen systems that use 1d6 initiative and add the dex modifiers to the roll, and it just starts to feel like d20 initiative again. I really like just getting a handful of extra large d6's and giving one to each player. You roll your initiative and just leave it there. I can scan the table and see who's next without having to make a list etc.

Use use 1d6 is work for me
Fireboy And Watergirl

I really like just getting a handful of extra large d6's and giving one to each player.
Hello Neighbor

Last edited by pslhit (2024-03-27 11:11:17)