Topic: LotFP: Revision?

Hi there.

I'm relatively new to LotFP - I've had the no-art Grindhouse version for some time but have yet to game with it, or digest it extensively. I'm interested in picking up a physical copy, but I'm curious if a revised version might be on the horizon. Whether it would be wise to wait for the next 'edition' (or a hardcover?) before ponying up the cash.

Thanks.

Re: LotFP: Revision?

If I were in your position, I would get the boxed set. I would also pick up the hardback when it comes out. It never hurts to have another set of rules at the table. The hard back is only going to be rules book. It will not have the referrees book, or the turtorial.

I would also pick up some of the adventures. Those are where the game really shines. If there aren't any of the print copies, get the pdfs.

Last edited by Justin in Oz (2012-10-12 01:34:43)

I agree with Justin. You should pick up the Grindhouse Boxed Set. There is no new edition on the horizon, James has been clear on that, and any revisions made to the hard cover will be updated in the PDF which you get anyway with the Boxed Set. So you can't lose.

The main reason to get the boxed set is the Referee's Book. A lot of the best of what the game is and can be is in that book. It is a valuable resource for making your games awesome.

I thought the upcoming hardback would be available only to those who helped fund its Indiegogo campaign?

There will be extras (less than 100), but they'll cost more before shipping than backers paid including shipping.

Well, I guess that makes my decision that much easier.

How are the hardbacks going to be made available? I am burning to get one.

I did not even know that there existed a James Edward Raggi the first through third much less a fourth when the Indiegogo had already gone.

So, I could not put my penny in the pot. Are you going to send out an e-mail or something? What will be the forum of the notification?

Follow the blog or G+ or Twitter or anywhere else I usually make my announcements. smile

I have to say that Jim's G+ feed is priceless! He is a guy in rpg industry who updates every small bit of thing he does, keeps people really well updated and doesn't just spam information but also conversates.

I also follow some other "bigger names" but they are lame(nting) compared to how Raggi handles both PR and customer satisfying.

"Man has come to dominate the planet thanks to two essential traits. One is intelligence. The other has been the absolute willingness to kill anyone and anything that gets in his way." (Stephen King)
My blog: cradleofrabies.blogspot.com