Topic: [Death Frost Doom] Game Over, Man!

***SPOILERS***
Previously, we had three PCs and one replacement create some havoc in the early areas of the module. They'd just opened the tooth door when we called it quits.

We started things back up with Moldvay D&D, new characters a week later: cleric, magic-user, thief.

They were incredibly cautious, did everything right (almost), were pumped about being able to create flesh golems, found the One Ring … but then they burned the plant.

Bad scene. They scrambled to find secret doors while the dead were banging out of the crypts. The dice were not with them. No secret doors found. The dead entered the hallway to the altar room. The cleric turned four of them while the dead were still out of torchlight. More frantic and fruitless searching while the cleric held them off. But eventually the dead pushed through.

The thief climbed up the skeleton statue but fell halfway up. Cracked his head on the altar. Dead.

The MU jumped into the pit to kill himself.

The cleric climbed up the statue and held himself out of reach of the undead for a time, but, of course, they kept pouring in and tore him to bits.

The end.

Last edited by Vanoj (2012-09-23 09:06:32)

Re: [Death Frost Doom] Game Over, Man!

That is awesome. I felt my heartrate increase as I read that. Thanks.