Topic: Colombia

Do you live in Colombia? I'd like to get in touch with you. I'll try to check this thread, but you can also write me at ephealy (at) gamerati (dot) com

My name is Ed Healy, and I am the Gamerati

Re: Colombia

My wife and her family are from Colombia. Are you trying to contact gamers in Colombia?

Justin in Oz wrote:

My wife and her family are from Colombia. Are you trying to contact gamers in Colombia?

Yep. 100% trying.

I't cant be that hard. There are around 9 million people in Bogotá. There have to be a few of them there.

Do you speak spanish?

If you don't, I'll be happy to do a search for shops that sell roleplaying books. Places like that would be the best way to contact people. But if you don't speak spanish, you are cutting down your chances on getting on to someone.

Justin in Oz wrote:

Do you speak spanish?

I do not. sad

Justin in Oz wrote:

If you don't, I'll be happy to do a search for shops that sell roleplaying books.

That would be awesome. Let me know if you find any game shops - even if they only sell board games?

Here are a few. I did a search for "Juegos de Rol y Estrategia"

There is even a government website praising the educational properties of roleplaying: http://www.bogota.gov.co/portel/libreri … patron=01.

The title of the article translates as "Learn with wizards, fairies and dragons". From the article it seems that there is a bookshop called  "la Nueva Librería Francesa" where the owner encourages game in the shop.
The address is Avenida Carrera 19 # No. 95 - 13  Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia. The phone number is (+57) 1 633 33 00.
They seem to have a facebook page, but I can not access that from work. You will have to do that part.
The person quoted as connected to the bookshop is Carolina Gómez. The article was from 2007, so she might not be there anymore. The bookshop still comes up as a lisiting under Juegos de Estrategia y Rol.

Two of the players listed are  Danilo Vega and Andrés Bohórquez. The last guy's family name is not that common a family name. The first guy's name is quite common.

For Bogota I get

ARMAGO LTDA
Dg 45 No. 16A-04 , Bogota D.C. , C.P 11001
TEL: 571 2457007

But their website is a dead link.

in Medellin:
Excalibur Games
57 (4) 2327284
Cr46 39-19 - - Medellín - Antioquia

A lot of the searches turn up businesses that do business and web strategy, or turn up playground equipment.

What are you trying to do?

Last edited by Justin in Oz (2012-08-07 02:15:22)