Topic: The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities

My 'Pick' on the Carcosa episode of Atomic Array was a book called The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities.

It's a neat collection of odd 'things' that would be great inspiration for any weird fantasy story or game.

What little gadgets do you have around the house - or what things have you seen in museums, etc - that would make great plot hooks or story generators?

My name is Ed Healy, and I am the Gamerati

Re: The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities

Aeron Alfrey has a couple of illustrations in there.

JimLotFP wrote:

Aeron Alfrey has a couple of illustrations in there.

Yeah, which ones?

My name is Ed Healy, and I am the Gamerati

I would throw in to pretty straight horror or gothic fantasy scenario a ray gun, yup a futuristic beam weapon capable of blasting all your troubles clean off.  Reason why I would do it would be because I have Weta Saboteur 66 and it would be awesome prop to hand to player hands in middle of game as total suprise. "You find this in the cupboard." Suprising players is great and having only bad things happen to them can become predictable if you don't throw a total curve ball once in a while, placing it in totally grim and dark adventure like Death Love Doom would propably maximize the effect. Sort of like in Zombie Flesh Eaters movie that is totally bleak and violent exploitation flick but one where there is suddenly a totally bitching Shark vs. Zombie underwater fight scene.

Last edited by MutieMoe (2012-09-13 10:37:03)