Topic: What can we do?

Hey James,

So obviously everyone here wants the campaign to be an amazing success. Is there anything in particular your'd like us to do to help boost the campaign?

Now I think we can all figure out the basic stuff like posting links on facebook and Google+ like mad fools. But are there forums we should be targeting?

Also, because all the projects are separate it's hard to just send someone to a single place. Should we be linking to your profile on Indigogo or would you prefer we concentrate on certain titles at different times? You know, "It's Jason Rainville day! Link to Jason Rainville's projects today!" or something like that?

Re: What can we do?

David wrote:

Now I think we can all figure out the basic stuff like posting links on facebook and Google+ like mad fools. But are there forums we should be targeting?

Also, because all the projects are separate it's hard to just send someone to a single place. Should we be linking to your profile on Indigogo or would you prefer we concentrate on certain titles at different times? You know, "It's Jason Rainville day! Link to Jason Rainville's projects today!" or something like that?

Don't flood anyplace with spam or 9348734982374 threads or anything, I want to say that first...

But if someone starts a thread on a forum and people talk it up there and make the thread big and important, I certainly wouldn't mind. big_smile Keep it to the one thread per board though.

As far as which project(s) to send them to... well I can't play favorites. Every project's page will have links to all the others though. I would just encourage people to not link up to projects that are already funded. But definitely link to a project and not (only) some site full of links.

I do encourage everyone wanting bundles to coordinate their strategies. $1000 each across 19 projects won't do anyone much good, but if that's concentrated that's 3 funded projects with some left over.

Maybe it would be wise for people to post links to any threads they start here so we can pile on and make them big and important looking and avoid the annoying duplication of threads.

Dos this forum supports a kind of polling système?

Apparently not. Unless there's something I'm missing. Ahh well....

I think the most important thing that people can do...

Well the people that are really interested in all of them? Choose a project to zero in on, and put down the money. Get it done instead of waiting and seeing what everyone else is doing. Then when one is funded, pick another one and do it. Get a couple of these things done and the avalanche for the rest can start.

(If someone spends the $160+ on a project and it's the only one to fund, I will give them a 100€ coupon code for the LotFP store, to mitigate the risks a bit. Was originally going to put this detail in the actual campaign pages but it's quite an infodump there as it is.)

Without the "polling" it will be a bit more difficult to team up...
You can still start to pledge on your favorite candidate, and during the very last days or hours, if you see that your favorite will not be funded, then you pledge on another campaign.
But this is not an option for me, as I should be on holidays during the last days of july in a remote location without even cellular phone coverage... smile

So... Who else want to go with me on Poor Blighters by Sparks and Sparks and Allen ? smile
It reminds me Glen Cook's Silver Spike.

Last edited by Tauther (2012-07-02 15:25:53)

Tauther wrote:

Without the "polling" it will be a bit more difficult to team up...

http://www.lotfp.com/RPG/grand-adventure-campaign

That has up-to-date listings of which adventures are doing well. I'd recommend piling on the two or three frontrunners until they fund, then piling on the next two or three frontrunners, until eventually we have a pile of funded stuff.

Unless someone has a better idea?

Well, the thing I don't like in your idea,  is that I suspect there are a few popular "names" that will attract anyway people and loyal followers. So I believe that a few campaigns will be founded without Pembrooktonshire Gardenning Society members and other big pledgers' help.
So it may be counterproductive if we stack our pledges on them. So you would  tend to wait a few days to see for starting the stacking of big pledges...
When will you start the advertising campaign?

Tauther wrote:

Well, the thing I don't like in your idea,  is that I suspect there are a few popular "names" that will attract anyway people and loyal followers. So I believe that a few campaigns will be founded without Pembrooktonshire Gardenning Society members and other big pledgers' help.
So it may be counterproductive if we stack our pledges on them. So you would  tend to wait a few days to see for starting the stacking of big pledges...
When will you start the advertising campaign?

What I'm worried about is the popular names don't quite get there, and then people are concentrating their large-dollar funding on various projects, so no projects get all the way funded. Better half get funded than all get half-funded, I think I've mentioned.

I think projects getting funded will create a snowball effect in encouraging people to put money into the not-yet-funded projects. The 19th should be a lot easier to fund than the 2nd...

The ad campaign started a few hours ago.

OK. As a southern guy, I bet on the Suomi pride!

FOLLOW ME on Juhani Seppälä's Normal for Norfolk!!!

Tauther wrote:

Or... yeah. Here's a guy who has a plan.

Follow him. big_smile

JimLotFP wrote:
Tauther wrote:

Or... yeah. Here's a guy who has a plan.

Follow him. big_smile

Um... wink

Suddenly I feel like I'm in that Monty Python movie. You know the one. The one about the guy who got nailed to a cross. I think his name was Brian.

My "news" was accepted by the GROG. It is now on the homepage for one week or two. So for french locutors I can't do much more...  sad
The home page:
http://www.legrog.org/

And the news itself:
http://www.legrog.org/informations/actu … de-juillet

Hey! you, Suomis! what are you doing? It's not yet time to rest on the lakes shore in your summer cabins! smile
Juhani Seppälä's  campaign does not get the support it deserves from its compatriots!!!! wink

And I want a Finnish shrubbery!

Last edited by Tauther (2012-07-05 16:25:20)

I've got a blurb up today encouraging Broodmother Sky Fortress.  It's the front runner, and I figure if it gets funded, we'll see a few close runners up follow quickly behind.  Got to get the first one over the hump.  30 days is a short campaign for this volume.

Are these being word-of-mouthed on PF forums or is that forbidden since the adventures are too "adult" for explicit PF compatibility? Seems like there's plenty of people who like funding kickstarters in that scene.

I can't seem to post in the RPG.net forums, but there is a thread there people might want to participate in. Even moving some of this discussion of the LotFP boards and have it happen elsewhere might make a lot of sense. It's not like the campaign needs exposure here.

Last edited by funkaoshi (2012-07-13 23:28:05)