Topic: Any plan for reprints of sold out stock?

I was browsing the catalogue for modules to purchase for inclusion with my Hardcover when it ships and to my dismay a number of classics like Tower of the Stargazer are out of print!  Is there any plan for another print run?

Re: Any plan for reprints of sold out stock?

There's a couple I'd love to get a print copy of (especially Tower of the Stargazer & Death Frost Doom).

I would like to second the hope of reprints, or perhaps a print on demand LotFP storefront at Lulu?

It'd be cool if some of the older modules for the same layout treatment the new modules have.

A Death Frost Doom reprint will be part of the January crowdfunding to try to get a Free RPG Day thing funded. Other OOP adventures will be stretch goals.

I personally want physical product when I buy something so out-of-print PDF's aren't interesting in general. But for some products PDF is only way to get them. So I was planning that if I ever buy any LotFP product only in PDF I have to print and stable it myself.

"Man has come to dominate the planet thanks to two essential traits. One is intelligence. The other has been the absolute willingness to kill anyone and anything that gets in his way." (Stephen King)
My blog: cradleofrabies.blogspot.com

@JimLotFP, have you looked into using the Print-On-Demand service offered by Drive-Thru-RPG? I also do not want just PDFs for the books that I purchase and getting a print-out bound at Staples or the like just does not do these books justice.

Thanks,
T.

thornlord wrote:

@JimLotFP, have you looked into using the Print-On-Demand service offered by Drive-Thru-RPG? I also do not want just PDFs for the books that I purchase and getting a print-out bound at Staples or the like just does not do these books justice.

When I reprint them they'll be for retail which means I need to do a traditional print run to keep per-unit costs down.

Also, the thing with POD is you're stuck with the formats they offer. Some of my stuff could handle that, but a lot doesn't fit in nice POD formats and I'm not changing content to match someone else's physical format standard.

What products will "never" be available in print form and/or are such a low priority to essentially be "never?"

(I'm trying to budget - I've already got so many modules to run that I'm trying to hold out for print stuff when it's available, but if it's never going to be printed, I might as well snag it in the RPGNow sale.)

I'm pretty sure that Better Than Any Man, Tales of the Scarecrow and The Gingerbread Princess aren't getting reprinted, right?  Are there others?

Tower of the Stargazer and Death Frost Doom are on the schedule, and hopefully Vornheim will be reprinted by the end of next year, but no plans to reprint anything else, really.

I would like to suggest putting Hammers of the God somewhere on the reprint horizon. Getting a print copy of that module as a table prize at a convention game is what hooked me into LotFP in the first place. It's such a compelling adventure that I bought the grindhouse edition and all the other print adventures basically sight unseen after reading it.

JimLotFP wrote:

Tower of the Stargazer and Death Frost Doom are on the schedule, and hopefully Vornheim will be reprinted by the end of next year, but no plans to reprint anything else, really.

Yes, but Hammer of the Gods and The Grinding Gear were possibilities as well that just didn't get as many votes as the others.  Perhaps I'm more optimistic than you, but I could see these easily getting funded in some future crowdfunding, of which I'm sure I'll be a part... smile

However, from what I can tell, Lamentations of the Gingerbread Princess and Dungeon of the Unknown are specifically ONLY PDF now that the crowdfunding is over.  What I'm wondering is: what else is in that same boat? 

The Magnificent Joop Van Ooms
and
No Dignity in Death / People of Pembrooktonshire

are both ones I can't find on kickstarters, so are reprints possible or are they "exclusives?"

I'm assuming Weird New World still has the possibility of being reprinted, right?

(I'm excited to hear that Vornheim is potentially on the horizon!)

Crunk Posby wrote:

(I'm excited to hear that Vornheim is potentially on the horizon!)

I am too, and I already own it, lol. Would make a fantastic gift to any of my friends that take turns in the GM chair.